3 Star Michelin Experiences (Warning: Bougie AF Post)

posted 1 year ago in The Lounge
Post # 16
355 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2017

Haha love the thread title. And thank you, because now I’m thinking this could be a good way to celebrate our first anniversary next month. So cool that you got to see the kitchen!

Part of the reason I’ve never been to a three-star is because it’s such a pain in the ass to be in the right place at the right time with reservations! Even one stars can be hard enough haha. I’ve been to a good few of those in a few cities. 

Might not be quite as amazing, but we had the tasting menu at Del Posto and the service felt pretty three-star to me – bringing a special stool for your purse, psychically anticipating your every need, white glove kinda thing, haha.

What I love about amazing tasting menus is that it’s almost always delicious even if the ingredients sound like nothing I’d normally want to eat. Like octopus for example, I usually don’t like it except at high-end restaurants.

Post # 17
1183 posts
Bumble bee

Bougie AF! How exciting!

Can you tell us some of the meals that were served? 

xo

Post # 18
9588 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2016

Hm. Im not sure if I’ve been to any 3 Michelin star restaurants, which means i likely have not.. I’ve been to many 1 star restaurants, especially around Europe.

I’ve been to Nobu Las Vegas .. that was in 2007 or 2008 when it was 1 Michelin star I think. That was quite a notable meal! I’m actually surprised to see it was only one star.

I’ve been to Les Cols quite a few times (Spain), which is currently a 2 star restaurant. (No idea what it was when I went).. this happens to be in my family’s hometown where everyone knows everyone (so my family is friends with the owners).

I’ve been to Ca l’Enric quite a few times (Spain), which is currently a 1 star restaurant. Same story as above really.

The rest are all vague memories tbh. Most of these (part forgotten) experiences were when I was young (<16) and my parents were paying lol.

My family (in Spain) went to El celler de can Roca to celebrate my engagement when it was the #1 restaurant in the world (and 3 Michelin stars)… Except I wasn’t in Spain at the time so I have a photo of every relative on my father’s side (including distant relatives) plus my parents in El celler de can Roca toasting me and my husband. Lol. I’m told when we go visit they’ll take us.. we just haven’t gone recently.  

Post # 21
6657 posts
Bee Keeper

ohra :  Thought I tagged you!

We’re headed to Chicago later this summer and have been looking at Alinea, Smyth and Acadia. Favorites or any other suggestions? Thanks!

catskillsinjune :  Will definitely check it out next time we are in NYC! Other favorites? 

Post # 28
64 posts
Worker bee

*sigh* I live vicariously through y’all. As someone born and raised in deep East Texas, the only Michelin that I’m familiar with goes on my truck. 

Post # 30
352 posts
Helper bee

catskillsinjune :  I know! I’m going this next week and was’t able to get in! Guess I’ll have to go back! 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors