3 Star Michelin Experiences (Warning: Bougie AF Post)

posted 1 year ago in The Lounge
Post # 46
732 posts
Busy bee

It’s not 3 stars but I gotta say Blue Hill at Stone Barns is mind blowing! Our meal lasted 4+ hours and involved multiple locations within the restaurant. They have a romantic private barn room where we were served one course. Presentation, concept, service, wine pairings are all over the top. And you can make a whole weekend of it by staying overnight in Tarrytown/Sleepy Hollow and visiting the restaurant’s farm the next day. 

(HIGHLY recommend visiting the farm the day AFTER the meal so you won’t think of all those cute lambs and ducks…)

Also, if you love Michelin stars you MUST take a trip to Japan. That’s the country with the highest concentraion of 3-star Michelins. Imagine a whole trip where every dinner was in a 3 star. Now that’s a vacation cool

Post # 47
353 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2019

Beth7210 :  OMG my fiancé eats like this as well. I have no idea where he puts it. If we go out to a steak house, he’ll order a 16 oz prime rib and finish it off like nothing. That’s not even including the bread AND the rest of my small filet that I can’t finish. Our weekly grocery bill is insane. He eats us out of house and home. I can’t imagine how much groceries will be when we have children. 

Post # 48
799 posts
Busy bee

ohana33 :  yep it’s mental! I only buy cheap food because we wouldn’t be able to sustain expensive food! Food for our daughter isn’t that bad as we make everything ourselves, the little meals and pouches are where most of the costs come in! 

Post # 49
19 posts
Newbee

Have only beent to two 2 Star restaurants in DC (Minibar by Jose Andres and Pineapple & Pearls) but loved both experiences. Would recommend Minibar over Pineapple & Pearls, Minibar was incredible. Would love to check out Manresa or Saison next time we’re in the Bay Area to check a 3 Star restaurant off the list!

Post # 50
119 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2017

jellybellynelly :  My husband and I went to Alinea in 2012, it was good, about what you’d expect but not the best we’ve been to. The main thing I remember is they had the ‘champagne dude’ come over with his cart to try to tempt us with some bubbly, poor guy knew next to NOTHING about champagne. He kept trying to tell us about the Champagne region (stiltingly, like as if he was trying to remember for an oral exam haha) and even though we’d JUST SAID ‘oh well as it happens we were there last month’ he kept on labouring on, telling us all about it. haha. In the end we were just ‘yes yes we know, just give us the Billecart rose’… The food was fine, not being American of course we struggled with having to leave such a ridiculous tip for what was really only average service.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors