(Closed) 3 stone ring with wedding band too much?

posted 3 years ago in Rings
Post # 16
495 posts
Helper bee

lauranatorhawkins :  Thank you! The center is .75 and the sides are ~.5 each on a 5.5 finger! I cannot wait to see yours it sounds like it will be beautiful!

Post # 17
279 posts
Helper bee

I love it! 

Post # 18
71 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

I have a 2.88ct eternity band that I don’t usually wear with my engagement ring because I feel like it’s a lot. I do wear it alone often, though. The pics are the 1.5mm diamond band I usually wear and then my full set with the eternity band.

Post # 19
495 posts
Helper bee

eventrider :  I LOVE that you have two sets and that one of your bands works as a great stand alone! I have a 1/4 CTW contour band with my three stone that is more similar to your send photo, but you’re making me really want to get a more substansial band also as a stand alone and for when I am feeling extra blingy!

Post # 20
1199 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2017

BEAUTIFUL

Post # 21
71 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

Huds :  Thank you! When I was growing up, my mom always wore an eternity with a plain band instead of her engagement ring (which was very 70s and she was/is always very chic and fashionable) I guess the look stuck with me because that’s really what I wanted for an engagement ring! my husband didn’t listen and gave me my lovely classic 3-stone, but I’m pretty low key and the eternity gives me some bling but it’s more understated. I get a lot of compliments on the set.

Post # 22
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: December 2017

Looks lovely but perhaps a plain band would off set the beauty of the stones better

Post # 23
180 posts
Blushing bee

I like the idea but the diamomds are a little too big. Just slightly. I’d go with a smaller tcw. 

Post # 24
451 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: Houston

I love it. I love diamonds though!! Go for it! 

Post # 25
1920 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2016 - Gorse Hill, Surrey, UK

i think the size looks beautiful. I would maybe go a little smaller if your into the dainty look but nothing bigger or it will start to compete with your e ring. 

this is my three stone and band:

Post # 26
8450 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

Both beautiful rings, but I really think a plain  or engraved (  or perhaps small  channel set) would look better.

Mind you, if you are only worried that other people think it too flashy , too bad for them. I just   personally prefer a plain/engraved metal  wedding band, it   spells ‘married’ to me in a way that  a big circle of stones doesn’t.            

Post # 27
6232 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2016

I think it’s beautiful but looks like two distinct separate rings rather than a cohesive look. I think a slightly smaller band might do more to contribute to an overall look and you would still be able to wear it on its own if you wanted to.

However, if you love the look, who cares what anyone thinks but you. Go for it!

Post # 29
484 posts
Helper bee

I guess I’m in the minority here because I love them together! That’s a very glamorous set.

Post # 30
57 posts
Worker bee

I think it overpowers your 3 stone ring.  I like the look of a plain band best with my 3 stone.  However, there are those days when I just want more bling, so I will stack with a 1/2 eternity band.  Maybe just reserve your band for those days…

Here’s mine:

The topic ‘3 stone ring with wedding band too much?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors