(Closed) 3 Stone Rings, Anyone?

posted 11 years ago in Rings
  • poll: Which is prettier, a 3 stone ring with all diamonds the same size or center one bigger?

All diamonds equal size.

Center diamond bigger.

Other, I will explain below.

• Post # 32
    5920 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: December 2010

I love mine.  It is .75 center stone, and .50 side stones in a cathedral setting.

Post # 33
    200 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: March 2010

I have a three stone e-ring too!  I absolutely adore the setting!

Here it is pictured with our wedding bands:

And here is a picture of just the e-ring so you can see the setting:

Post # 34
    2111 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: July 2010

Here’s mine. The centre diamond is a bit bigger than the others. Kind of hard to tell from the picture.

Post # 35
    14181 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2009

Have you considered using a different shape for the center stone instead of round? You could use a long pear or radiant cut with the 1 carat side stones and it would appear larger. Otherwise you’re looking at somewhere around 8K for the center stone.

Also, you could check out craigslist or idonowidon’t for “used” stones to save on cost and you could end up spending around 5K (here is a 1.58 center round for 5K plus the setting http://www.idonowidont.com/158-Carat-Engagement-Ring,name,70480,auction_id,Jewelry1000W,qid,,pid,1,pageno,auction_details) . Or put a big blue sapphire in the center (for now?) or a moissanite stone until you could afford the real deal.

a 1.9 ct for about 9K http://www.idonowidont.com/191ct-Solitaire-in-white-gold-F-color-Si2-EGL-cert-,name,54549,auction_id,auction_details

Post # 36
    5 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: March 2012

I love how you can see all of the diamonds, including the smaller shoulder stones!

Post # 37
    220 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2011

View original reply
    @Moose1209: We have a VERY similar ring 🙂 I love it. 

Post # 38
    1160 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

3 stone rings are my favourite!

Post # 39
    1091 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

Keep in mind, if you use the diamonds you have as side stones, you’re going to have to match the color/quality in the center stone- it’ll look funny to have near-flawless side stones (don’t know if they are, but…) with a lower-quality center stone.

Here’s my ring- not the best pic, but it gives you a size idea… My ring size is 4.75, the ring is 1 ct center stone and .5 side stones.

So my center stone would be your side stones. Not for nothing, but that’s a BIG ring if your hand is small.

Can you use one of the stones for your ring, then another maybe as a pendant to wear on your wedding day?

Post # 40
    4 posts
    Wannabee
    • Wedding: May 2012

I love my reset and redesigned ring! We used my fiance’s grandmother’s ring and had Philip Press revamp it. Center stone is 0.92 carats, total carat weight of the ring is 1.5 carats.

Post # 41
    21 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: June 2015

this is my baby!

Post # 43
    80 posts
    Worker bee

I vote for bigger center stone.. although when designing mine I specifically said that I dont want there to a huge difference between the center and side stones.. When I think of three stones I think of our past, present and future and I want them to look equaly important on my finger ;o)

I also dont mind all the finger coverage lol

Post # 44
    133 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: March 2012
    Post # 44
    4 posts
    Wannabee

We looked at both ring styles but decided on the larger center stone at the end of the day.  For comparison purposes I wear a size 6 ring and the center stone is just under 1 carat. I love it! 

Post # 45
    2569 posts
    Sugar bee

View original reply
    DreamingOfAPinkWedding:  My (RHR) center stone is 1.01ct. Maybe this will help give you an idea of scale. Size 5.25 finger. Oh, the sidestones are .66 and .72. They were also taken from an heirloom ring! I had it all reset recently as a custom piece. Sorry the indoor lighting is terrible in the photos. I need to take some pics of this ring during the day!

The topic ‘3 Stone Rings, Anyone?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors