(Closed) 3. The last question…

posted 8 years ago in Photos/Videos
  • poll: What your budget for photography and what important are photos for you ?
    $500 and less : (1 votes)
    2 %
    $501 - $1000 : (2 votes)
    4 %
    $1001 - $1500 : (4 votes)
    9 %
    $1501 - $2000 : (7 votes)
    15 %
    more than $2000 : (10 votes)
    21 %
    It's very important : (13 votes)
    28 %
    It's not my first priority, but it's important : (10 votes)
    21 %
    It's not important : (0 votes)
    I have photographer for my wedding but I don't really care : (0 votes)
  • Post # 3
    5670 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: August 2010

In our area we were unable to find a photographer for under $4,000. I didn’t want to spend more than $2,500 but didn’t have a choice. We found someone for $4,200 and are just hoping they do a great job since I do not know anyone who has used them in the past. I do care about my pictures and I will be upset if they turn out awful but I didn’t want to blow any more of my budget on photography,

Post # 4
    Hostess
    16215 posts
    Honey Beekeeper

For the things that mattered—all day coverage, two photogs, etc—we had trouble finding anything of the quality we were going for under $3000. We’re paying $3500, and that does not include an album. But we made our budget so that we can splurge on photography, as it’s absolutely one of the most importsnt things to me.

Post # 5
    2859 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2011 - Bartram's Garden

Photography is very important to us, but we didn’t have a large budget for it. We’re paying $1750, which includes an engagement shoot but no albums (I plan on doing those myself).

The reason our photographers are so cheap is because they are just starting out. But their portfolio, while small, is beautiful, and we got great references from them. Plus, we’re not getting married for another year (from today!) and they’ll shoot like 30 more weddings in that time.

Post # 6
    Hostess
    16215 posts
    Honey Beekeeper

@danadelphia What a great find! Good job. Sounds like that will work out so well!

Post # 7
    806 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

Mine is costing 2500, which is way more than I thought I’d spend (my whole wedding is running about 10k), but I think prices are just high in my area.  The photogs I saw in the 1800-2000 range were not as good as the one I hired, their pics were more formulaic and standard, while the one I went with clearly had more artistic talent.  Pictures are not the MOST important thing to me (being married is), but I do want to have pictures of the day, and I would be very unhappy if I paid a couple thousand and ended up with cheesy lower quality pics.  So to me it was worth paying more to have more confidence in the talent of my photographer.

Post # 8
    314 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2010

We are spending $1100 on our photographer which is for 6 hours of coverage, but no album. We do get a disc with images though. He is a guy that does photography professionally for commercial purposes and does wedding photography on the side.

Post # 9
    1752 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: June 2010

Same as dandelphina.. we are super excited about our photos, and at the same time, we are helping out a photographer that’s just starting out.  We got an amazing deal & I trust her completely.

I can’t wait to take them & I can’t wait to see them when they are done!

The topic ‘3. The last question…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors