Post # 3
399 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Pick up the phone and give her a call.

Post # 4
2542 posts
Sugar bee

I would definitely call her or try to arrange to meet with her in person. Perhaps she is going through something in regards to her husband’s deployment or her TTCing and is having a hard time. Do not mention the wedding right away, find out if she needs to talk or is having a personal issue and try to support her with that first.

Make sure she knows you aren’t trying to pressure her but that you would like to know if she is still up for being involved in your wedding, and to what extent.

Post # 5
233 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I was having this same thing happening to me a few weeks ago. I finally gave my Bridesmaid or Best Man a call and told her I would understand if she wanted to step down as a Bridesmaid or Best Man and just enjoy my wedding but she asured me that she wanted to be my Bridesmaid or Best Man she had just been really busy. But same as you I tex her for three weeks before I just broke down and called.

Post # 6
1512 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I say call her. She may need youand doesn’t know how to respond, or she may be busy. You won’t know until you get her on the phone.

Post # 7
8438 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

@Bride7844:  This but don’t start off with wedding stuff. Ask her how she is doing and such and work your way up to the wedding stuff. She is probably a but down in the dumps since her hubby just left for Afghanistan especially if it is his first deployment.

Post # 8
75 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Give her a call. She might just be busy

The topic ‘3 weeks and no response from BM’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors