(Closed) 3 weeks and no slips so far!

posted 8 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
1418 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Good luck!  The things you are looking or waiting for often happen when you stop talking about it and take the focus off it!

Post # 4
214 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Good luck and I think I’ll borrow your mantra, if you don’t mind! I’ve got a similar mental line in the sand (My birthday is during our vacation – August 15th) and if he hasn’t asked by then….enough is enough.

Post # 5
155 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I have this huge smile on my face, because it’s so nice to hear other girls who feel just like me!

My birthday is tomorrow and although I just don’t feel like it’s going to happen tomorrow… I still am slightly hoping after 3.5 years! Lets not lie… im really hoping! haha 🙂

Post # 6
806 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Good luck!  It happened for me once I got to the point where you are now.

Post # 7
193 posts
Blushing bee

@prettyflowers:

Errrr. Does posting on this website count? lol. I’ve been pretty good with not bringing it up with my b/f lately. He’s the one who’s always saying – ‘When we get a house…’

Good job though!! Keep it up!!

Gwen

Post # 8
456 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

@VikingPrincess: keep up the good work! 🙂  here’s hoping you have something very exciting to celebrate well before labor day…

Post # 9
Hostess
4667 posts
Honey bee

I completely respect you right now. I know it can be difficult. I’m the same way when it comes to weddings. Mr.TKE and I have yet to set a date and we have 6 weddings this year. I’m hoping he gets the bug from all these weddings.

Post # 10
5977 posts
Bee Keeper

I think this is awesome! I know you’ve posted before about being frustrated and trying not to take it out on him. I found that when I stopped bringing it up and let things go, he proposed about a month later. I think you’re doing a great job and keep it up! Enjoying your bf now will help you really enjoy the engagement when it comes!

Post # 11
3762 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Keep up the good work!  I think it really helps!

Post # 12
935 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2015

GOOD JOB!!! Letting it go can be tough, but necessary for your sanity at this point. And the endless talks can be frustrating. So you’re doing the right thing.

Post # 14
935 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2015

Well, he can let his desire to live with you be his motivation for proposing!  I know he might seem like he doesn’t “get it” but if you continue to NOT live together until he proposes he’ll learn soon enough 🙂

Keep your sense of humor about it, that’s super important.

Post # 15
3587 posts
Sugar bee

That’s great! I think it may come before the deadline. Men start to wonder why we don’t ask abotu something we’ve been asking about for a while.

Post # 16
1280 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Goodf job viking! I’m glad you are feeling calm and leaving it in the hands of the universe until your wtf date comes. Afterall, you’ve said your piece. Now better to keep faith unless broken.

And you can always vent to us!

The topic ‘3 weeks and no slips so far!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors