(Closed) 3 weeks away and feeling fat :(

posted 9 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
3979 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

We all have days where we hate our body, but don’t be too hard on yourself! An 8 to 10 is definitely not fat. I want to kick this family friend that said you look fat… how rude! 

Whenever I’m feeling extra puffy I cut back my carbohydrates to only “good” carbs (whole grains, veggies, fruit).  If you cut down the next 3 weeks, it will help make you feel less bloated & it might help a little. Eat your carbs before 12pm & drink tons of water throughout the day. I swear it will make you feel so much better πŸ™‚

Post # 5
5966 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2013

Poor thing!  That’s so mean of that person to have said that to you.  Probably just a sign that she is unhappy with herself and trying to bring you down in such a happy time in your life.

A size 4-6 is TINY!  So many people in asia are smaller, so what?  Do some things to take good care of yourself and remind yourself of why your Fi thinks your so hot.  

Post # 6
4123 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I’m assuming your in Singapore?  I was there earlier this year, I never wanted to leave!

If you are, I can understand how culturally being a size “zero” seems like the norm, in fact, it seems like that here in the states too.  Realistically it’s not though.  And you are healthy for your height.  Don’t let anyone get you down, don’t crash diet because you need to fit your dress πŸ™‚  

I grabbed some photography fliers while I was there as i’m a wedding photographer and looking at the work of photographers in Singapore, I would say that most brides were NOT a size zero!

Cheer up, in 3 weeks you’ll be married to the man of your dreams!

Post # 7
106 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

She called you FAT!?!?!?!  How rude!  No one likes their body… no one.  Not even those size zero girls are happy.

What you should be focusing on now is your upcoming wedding to the man you love!  It will be the biggest and best day of your life and you don’t want to be frowning in your pictures! 

I another note, I have done a ‘speed idet’ before that really does seem to work.  I would do the south beach diet just 2-3 weeks before an even and I always seemed to lose at least 10 lbs.  It would have been more with exercise, but, who wants to do that?!!!  Maybe give it a try?  It might boost your self-esteem to have lost at least a few pounds!

On yet another note, size 8-10 IS NOT FAT.  You should see my mom!

Post # 8
14186 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

“brides are usually a size zero”

Okay, well, brides aren’t usually 6 feet tall, but there are plenty of us here, too =]

You’re not fat, but yes, women in asia are typically VERY slender with super slim bone structures and everything.

You’ve got 3 weeks to go–cut out some starches and anything high sodium (like soy sauce, fish sauce, etc) and you’ll magically lose some water weight. I eat primarily lots of asian foods (i’m part korean) and it’s really hard, but it might give you the last little boost you need

You’ll feel confident on the day of! You’ll be beautiful! You can’t spend the rest of your life comparing yourself to others…you only have you and yourself to make happy.

I’m sorry the salesladies were rude! Tha’ts not very fair of them….=(

Post # 9
Hostess
18643 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

I’m so sorry that people are treating you like that!  I know it’s probably a cultural thing but I think it’s mean to say that to you right before your wedding.  I would just try and get in some exercise for stress relief and relax because you will be a beautiful bride in the gorgeous dress that you had made for you!

Post # 10
4001 posts
Honey bee

OMG, who says stuff like that?  That’s so insensitive.  I can imagine feeling insecure in a land where everyone is super skinny but that doesn’t have to be your ideal.  I find a lot of comfort in knowing that my Fiance, friends and family love me no matter what size I am.  The stress and your period are definitely going to make you feel icky but I’m sure you’re going to look BEAUTIFUL.  And don’t stop exercising and eating right :o) 

Post # 11
15 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2009

You’re NOT fat and you will be an absolutely beautiful bride on your wedding day. 

I had also put on some weight before my wedding, I guess stress does that to me, and i was really worried that I would look awful. Now afterwards I can tell that most of it was in my head, the photos look fine and yours will too. It’s not as bad as you think. 

I didn’t bother with dieting the last weeks before my wedding, there were so many things going on anyway to keep me busy but if you decide to do so, cutting out starch and sugar from your diet works and you’ll see results quickly as a couple of bees have already mentioned above. Just make sure that you drink a lot of water and don’t cut out carbs entirely and please be careful with your health and your body.

I wish you all the best for your wedding day and again, I’m sure you’ll be a radiant bride regardless of your size! πŸ™‚   

Post # 12
1019 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

Date Twins! And I am feeling the same way! I have put on almost 15 lbs this year, and even though I carry it pretty well thanks to my height and shape, I KNOW how much I weigh and I can’t help feeling a little disappointed that I’m going to be heavier on my wedding day than I was when he fell in love with me!

Post # 13
1260 posts
Bumble bee

You poor thing! What a rude family member to say such a hurtful thing to you πŸ™ You are DEFINITELY not even close to fat. Don’t get caught up in comparing yourself to other ladies in your area – like EJS said, many Asian women have very small bone structures and are naturally very small. Don’t worry about them – worry about you!

Post # 14
3162 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

First, you’re not fat and that person is an idiot. Also, you could just be bloated from the PMS. Drink lots of water and cut out sugar if you feel like you need to change your diet, but don’t stress!

Post # 15
52 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: December 2015

if you cant lose the weight and is still feeling fat, just use spanx! πŸ™‚

Post # 16
1093 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: Private home

How Rude!!!  and I’m sure she thought she was making a “caring” remark (I have crazy Italian aunts who do this all the time).  You are NOT fat, and there is no reason you should have had to deal with that kind of emotional sabotage before your wedding!!  The best brides are the happy ones, not the ones who fit into the size zero dress!

The topic ‘3 weeks away and feeling fat :(’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors