Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Only Water

Lots of FRESH ( not necessarily cooked) veggies

Some Fruit, but limit how many

Absolutely NO SUGAR or sugar substitutes

Lean Meats and Proteins

Walk EVERYWHERE

I find a simple veggie soup ( low sodium veggie/chicken broth mixed together) a couple potatos and all the veggies you can pack in is really yummy and filling and all for less then 200 calories per serving.

ETA: I went from 140 to 125 in 2 months following a very similar diet during the week and then eating whatever I want on the weekend. I think you will  be just fine. You will be surprised how much is water weight/bloating when you cut out red meat, sodium and sugar 🙂

Post # 4
341 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I have used Diurex before.  You can only use it a few days before and it helps flush out all of the excess water weight but you need to drink a TON of water.

Post # 5
2854 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@alaska_99705:  Liquid diet. (slim fast, any other meal replacement shake, or broth)

Post # 6
344 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I did the Groomsmen diet before my brothers wedding in May and went from 130 to 123 and just felt overall better.  It is a diet that was created for the employees of General Motors (hence the Groomsmen diet name) and is completely healthy.  It was created to promote healthy living.

It’s fantastic.

Post # 7
1547 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

@ellbell921:  ooh! may i have it? if it’s not a lot of trouble

Post # 8
344 posts
Helper bee

http://www.gmdietworks.com/

Click on the links on the right for ideas and the breakdown on what you can and cannot have.

Post # 9
870 posts
Busy bee

Before you eat ask yourself one quesiton:

“Am I hungry enough right now to eat steamed fish and broccoli”

If the answer is yes, then eat some steamed fish and broccoli (or grilled chicken and salad, or any other combo of lean protein and veggies) 

If the answer is no, then you are not really that hungry. Wait until you are and eat the protein and veggies. Have a piece of fruit if you don’t want a full meal and just need a snack.

Drink tons of water.

You’ll lose weight in no time. 

Post # 10
269 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

I lost a ton of weight cutting carbs down to <20 g and eating mainly meat, green veggies, cheese + eggs. I lost probably 15 pounds in 3 weeks (the first half was water, I’m sure) You do have to be careful if you do low carb because if you go back to eating how you used to, you can run the risk of gaining it all back.

Post # 11
41 posts
Newbee

Don’t starve yourself that is not good. I did this diet and I lost 6 lbs. My Fiance did it and lost 12lbs. Not sure if you are still looking for a diet. 

THE MAYO CLINIC DIET

BREAKFAST                      LUNCH                 DINNER

DAY 1                    2 eggs + grapefruit               2 eggs + grapefruit               2 eggs + grapefruit

DAY 2                    1 or 2 eggs + grapefruit       1 egg + grapefruit Steak, tomatoes, and celery

DAY 3                    1 egg + grapefruit Green salad                           Lamb cutlets, tomatoes, and green veggie

DAY 4                    Grapefruit                             Fruit                                        Cottage cheese, tomatoes, and celery

DAY 5                    Fruit                                        Green salad                           Fish(baked, grilled, or steamed) and veggie   

DAY 6                    Grapefruit                             Fruit                                        Steak and veggies

DAY 7                    Grapefruit                             Fruit                                        Chicken and veggies

DAY 8                    2 eggs + grapefruit               2 eggs + grapefruit               2 eggs + grapefruit

DAY 9                    1 or 2 eggs + grapefruit       1 egg + grapefruit Steak, tomatoes, and celery

DAY 10                 1 egg + grapefruit Green salad                           Lamb cutlets, tomatoes, and celery

DAY 11                 Grapefruit                             Fruit                                        Cottage cheese, tomatoes, and celery

DAY 12                 Fruit                                        Green salad                           Fish(baked, grilled, or steamed) and veggie

DAY 13                 Grapefruit                             Fruit                                        Steak and veggies

DAY 14                 Grapefruit                             Fish and veggies                   Chicken and veggies

DRINKS: Black coffee, unsweetened juice, tomato juice, water PLUS any sugar free drink

VEGETABLES: Broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, celery, lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, etc.

TABOO: Alcohol, beans, carrots, cooking with fat, dairy products, fat, flour, mayonnaise, milk, oil, peas, potatoes, pulses, sugar

General information:

If you stick to this diet, you are GUARANTEED to lose 6-7lbs in the first week and 20lbs by the end of the second week.

It is a crash diet, but since it is not based on a calorie count and is designed to burn-off fat by the chemical action. It means that the weight will stay off provided that you adapt a sensible lifestyle afterwards. If you insist on behaving like a pig, it will take 36 weeks to put the weight back on.

ONE DRINK WILL MATTER!! If you have one ALCOHOLIC or SUGAR BASED drink, it will set you back two days, because the process of breaking down the body fat is halted. Similarly ONE SANDWICH or ONE BAKED POTATOE will waste two days effort.

You MUST return to a normal diet after 14 days.

Post # 12
122 posts
Blushing bee

I agree with the first poster.  No sweets, no stratches, no carbs.  Lots of veggies and lean meats and WALK WALK WALK.  Drink tons of water too.

I lost 35lbs doing just that in about 2 months time, so 10 in a couple weeks is probably doable 🙂

Post # 13
761 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Cut sugar AND sugar substitutes out completely.  No aspartames, sucralose, cane sugar, etc.  Eat natural foods only – no processed foods.  No “white carbs” like pasta or potatoes, but if you’re craving a carb, eating brown rice or quinoa is ok (limit quantities).

Most important thing is not to follow the “fat-free” craze and buy highly processed foods low in fat, but high in sodium and chemicals.  The body responds best to natural foods – proteins, veggies and good carbs like quinoa, etc.  Contrary to popular belief, fat is ok.  Just choose good fats like olive oil and avocado.

Good luck!

Post # 14
1280 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

ellbell921 Thanks for sharing I started the diet today and hoping to lose some weight in the next 7 days!!!! will report back with update on final day!

Post # 15
344 posts
Helper bee

@mija22:  lemme know how it goes! It honestly isn’t bad. I was never hungry. On the meat and veggie day I go uwnwiches from jimmy johns which were fantastic! And I also sautéed the puns turkey breast with tomatoes instead of just randomly eating a ton of beef and tomatoes

Post # 16
1751 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

@mija22:  

@ellbell921:  

I’m lurking through old posts about the Groomsmen diet and I was wondering if you had any success? I am going to start it Monday. I am trying to cut out processed foods and only eat whole and organic…and I feel this will be a good way to cleanse out my body and start on my new diet.

The topic ‘3 weeks before wedding and I NEED to lose weight’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors