(Closed) 3 weeks from wedding and having serious dress regret :o(

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
14494 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

I think that your dress is very flattering and pretty.  I just think that you need to have the length adjusted, but that is easy, you could even do that by just adding a crinoline.  Is there something that you specifically think is lacking in the dress or something that you specifically don’t like about the dress?

Post # 4
5399 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

What exactly is bothering you about the dress?  Would you feel better about it if you maybe wore some sort of bolero with it?  Maybe cap sleeves?  Or if you embellshed it with some sort of rhinestone belt or brooch?  I actually think it looks really pretty as is, but if you made any of those changes I’m sure it would still look great.  Also, what are you accesorizing it with?  That can always change the look of the dress a lot.

Post # 5
36 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Honestly I think you look great in this dress! Its a flattering fit. A sash would be too much with the beading up top. If you want to give it a little something extra maybe try a crinoline or something under it to give it more shape in the skirt?

Post # 7
6998 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2011

I think it looks really great on you! A little hem and some steaming and it’s good to go. It fits, its flattering and its a pretty dress! I know all about dress regret! I promise on that day with you hair, makeup and some accessories you will feel absolutely beautiful.

Post # 8
868 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Can you NOT wear the shoulder straps?  I think the dress is beautiful and as a PP said, quite flattering actually.  I think the shoulder straps look a bit strange but it is easy to fix.  If the dress won’t stay up without them then wear a bustier underneath the dress and have it pinned inside to the top of the dress.  Voila!

Post # 9
14494 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

@billiem:  I know all about love handles, I have them too.  Some spanks will help hide those (even though I don’t see them on you) and I think the dress gives you a nice waist.  I agree with totheislands, I think that once you get everything on, your jewelry, your hair done, your veil, your make up, you will see a whole new dress in the mirror.  Sometimes it is about the total package, rather than just a piece of the puzzle.

Post # 11
331 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

You look great!  Wear some blingy earings, headband, flower, bracelet or shoes!

Post # 12
2100 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

I am going to be honest

you need a more supportive bra – that will change the whole look of the dress – I really like the dress and if you wear a long line bustier you can nix the clear plastic straps and it will really show off your gorgeous figure

beautiful dress

Post # 13
1352 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

I think this looks so good!! I would nix the tiny straps though but I seriously think you look great, gives you an awesome hourglass figure! 🙂

Post # 14
1844 posts
Buzzing bee

you mentioned that you wanted lace. I don’t know if you need to wear the shoulder straps or not for support (I know I can’t get away without them) but what about adding a cute lace bolero? Many bridal stores carry cute little lace jackets or lace sweater type things, Another easy fix would be to either add or take away the poofyness. you could add a crenoline or press whatever is curently in the dress to be much flatter (my sister is a plus-ish sized girl and she loved the look of sheath dresses but coudln’t find one so she just literally cut the poof out of her dress) only for the truely committed.

The topic ‘3 weeks from wedding and having serious dress regret :o(’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors