(Closed) 3 weeks til the big day…things are starting to unravel….

posted 7 years ago in Ceremony
Post # 3
862 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

oh no!!  I’m so sorry!!  That’s our #1 fear!!!  On the RSVP’s were going to say X # of seats reserved in your honor… then take it a step further and say ___ of X accept… 

Ugh!!  I hate it for you!!  I’m sure everything will work on in the long run… check into party rental places ASAP for extra chairs!

Post # 4
10851 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

Finding chairs now is going to be a pain, but not impossible. Most rental companies have more chairs than they could possibly ever rent, just unfortunately it’s going to cost you a few bucks instead of getting them for free! You COULD just get/borrow a few chairs for any elderly guests and seat everyone else on picnic blankets since you’re having a backyard garden vibe. Is your ceremony very long?

As far as the extra guests, I think increasing your guest list by 50% is insane. Who’s paying for all these extra people?! I would seriously have called the guests and apologized but let them know they can only bring the person/people who the invite is issued to, end of story! You’re a far more patient and kind person than I am.

Post # 6
10851 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

@Ilovebooboo: 50% of 70 is 35, you’re at a 50% increase in your guest list according to the math! If you guys can accommodate the extra guests in your venue (space wise) and in your budget then go for it, but just remember it’s a wedding for you and you Fiance, not your mom!

Post # 7
646 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Start looking for a rental company. Depending on what chairs you use and your area, it’ll cost $2-$10 a chair. For your purposes, you’re looking more towards the $2 end. Get on the phone and don’t be afraid to ask for specials and price matching.

Post # 8
572 posts
Busy bee

If it is just for the ceremony, I would not worry to much about the expanded number. In my experience, some people do not come to the ceremony. Why, I do not know and i think it is rude, but it happens.

Good luck with the chairs. Don’t stress.

Post # 9
217 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I am so sorry, I will never understand how people think a wedding is like a college kegger!  You just don’t bring “People”.  Hang in there!!!

The topic ‘3 weeks til the big day…things are starting to unravel….’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors