(Closed) 3 weeks till the wedding and I’m ready to blow the f*$# up! RAWR!

posted 7 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
4755 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

1) screw the parties. don’t make another single plan. If it doesn’t happen it doesn’t happen. throw that off your plate now.

2) the showers were done, forget about it what’s done is done leave it there.

3) pastor ask your pastor for a specific time of day when you can call him. use email if you can.

Post # 5
1303 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

I freakin love the title of this thread

Post # 6
188 posts
Blushing bee

I think you’re in good company. I started going insane three weeks before my wedding. Everyone had an opinion but no one wanted to help. I kept getting questions about things that should have already been resolved between people other than me. It annoyed the crap outta me when people repeatedly asked if I was excited. I felt like I needed to cry like every day or at least punch something.

A week before the wedding, I finally made peace with the fact that not everyone will be happy, someone will probably get offended by something, and things will probably go wrong. It helped some. Now after the wedding I just laugh at myself and admire the pretty pictures.

Post # 9
2854 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Breathe!!! It will be ok!

Maybe,

I mean, it WILL be ok!! Just think of how good it will feel to sleep in the day after. Smile

Post # 10
235 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Oh my god if you’re at 3 weeks then I’m officially under 3 weeks. CRAP.

I think the only one who has seen a hint of the angry stressed out bride is Fiance. He’s away on tour to Europe and won’t be back until the 23rd (ASJFLHSFKJSF. That’s how I feel about that.) so he gets to listen to me go on about wedding planning over Skype daily. When he mentions something that sends the bridezilla signals off, I can notice it too because of that wee window you can see yourself in. My eyes get all huge and full of utter madness and rage. Poor FI!

So…I’m not quite there yet but booooy is it starting.

Post # 11
442 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

I’m sorry, but the story about your Future Father-In-Law is HILARIOUS! Who does he think he is??

Post # 13
188 posts
Blushing bee

@TheFutureMrsLamkin: Honestly the month before the wedding really sucked! One of my motivators to let things go was that I didn’t want to look pissed in my pictures, haha. Actually there are a few shots of me where I do look pissed, but it’s kind of my default face. 

Post # 14
3799 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@yaneres:  HAHA “I didn’t want to look pissed in my pictures”. That will be me if stuff starts going wrong the week before!

Ok OP…Forget the parties. Poo on the people that backed out and didn’t plan what they were supposed to. Forget the shower. If people wanted you to have one so bad, they would plan it. I am just like you – I dont want one b/c we already live together and I can’t stand the thought of someone getting me gifts that I won’t use or need.

Also, the violin story is hysterical. Oh my god I hope he didn’t do something crazy…like Diddy’s biggest hits, orchestra style.

Can you go and see the minister in person? Stalk him out? WTF MAN. ANSWER THE PHONE.

I laughed so hard at the title of you post, and then when I opened it and saw that you actually wrote “HISSS”.

Post # 16
3799 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@TheFutureMrsLamkin: Oh god, the dreaded minimum count thing! We are worried about that, too, but the venue said that if we don’t get the min. number of people at our wedding, the money we would owe for the people that didn’t show up would be put towards something else at our reception, such as extra booze or upgrades to the menu/desserts. Can you do that? At least the money won’t be “wasted”?

The church thing would start to piss me off, big time. Is there anyone else you can call? Maybe something DID happen to him. I’d be freaking out, too!! You arent stalking…I’d be speed dialing back to back for hours until someone answered!!

I’m sure the violin music will be fine. Obviously he is talented or you would not have asked him…ceremonies are short so he might not get through his mixed selection anyway?

The topic ‘3 weeks till the wedding and I’m ready to blow the f*$# up! RAWR!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors