(Closed) 3 Weeks to Find a Dress!

posted 5 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
356 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Macys? Dillards? Nordstrom? Go to a local bridal botique and tell them your situation, and maybe they have sample dresses for sale in your size!  Rummage around online too so you can spot easily things you like, and things you don’t like.

Post # 4
136 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@LittleAngel07:  I agree with @Happilyevaafter5:, check Macys/Dillards/Nordstrom as well as bridal salons, a lot of salons are having sample sales right now because they’re trying to make room for the new collections.

Post # 5
12635 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

You definitely have to order off the rack. Three weeks isn’t enough time to get a dress in, even with a rush order!

Post # 8
2179 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

If you order from David’s online, you can get it very fast.  I ordered on a Monday and my dress was here the following Thursday with regular shipping.  Big sale online right now, too!  

Post # 9
5080 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2012

I ordered instore at DB and had my dress in 9 days.

Post # 11
386 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

Call around a few shops in your area, explain your situation to them and ask them if they would be willing to sell you something right off the racks if you fell in love with it. A friend of mine did this and she was so happy. She got a dress she adored and did not have to wait at all. Took it that day, got it cleaned and altered in time for the wedding.

The topic ‘3 Weeks to Find a Dress!’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors