2961 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Wynn Las Vegas

Good luck!! I’d be so angry at the seamstress for leaving it so long :/

Post # 3
1024 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2016

So frustrating! I went to pick my dress up – 2 days before I left for my Destination Wedding and I get there and no belt. Asked wtf where is my belt – oh we don’t know. The seamstress ended up lying and she had it at her house!! I demanded they have her bring it in and sew it on or I wasn’t leaving lol so annoying having to pay someone for a service and they lie or procrastinate!

Post # 4
276 posts
Helper bee

Thats horrible, I’d be pretty upset at the friend. You’re being a lot more chill than I would be. Good luck with everything! 

Post # 5
218 posts
Helper bee

Oh eek how stressful.

I’ve been in that situation.  My seamstress stuffed my original wedding dress completely two weeks before the wedding. I had to go buy a whole new dress off the rack with just one week to go – which I ended up liking better anyway. =P

Post # 6
2134 posts
Buzzing bee

What a shitty friend. Good luck.

Post # 7
459 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

View original reply
Dragonsus :  do you think she’s not rushing because it won’t take long?

could you tell her that you’re nervous and would appreciate her to get a move on? 

Post # 9
497 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
northernbird :  i agree, i think it will not take long. maybe OP should tell her to do it asap so she will stop stressing and let her know you got a spare dress you were so stressed out

Post # 13
263 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

That’s crazy! I hope she apologized and explained why she didn’t do it? I’m sorry you have to deal with this now. 🙁

Post # 14
263 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2018

Some friend… I would have already taken it back. Especially if she hadn’t even LOOKED at it. How can she know how much time it’ll take to alter it if she hasn’t looked at it? Wow I’m so sorry.

Post # 15
2057 posts
Buzzing bee

Wow, hope this turns out okay

The topic ‘3 weeks to go, and No dress’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors