- 7 years ago
- Wedding: September 2011
Hi fellow Bees, I just wanted everyone to know that sometimes even when you put something together in a short amount of time things do turn out ok!
I was away from Canada for 5 months as my dad was sick and arrived back on the 13th August for a Tentative-not-going-to-happen Sept 10th wedding that I was not sure I was not going to go ahead on. I had asked my girls to stand up with me last Nov, one backed out bc she discovered she was pregnant 2 weeks later, one was 45 mins away and the other two 3 hours away.
Only one of the girls bought the dress I was keen on in May this year, a Glint dress in the color Fresh off the nordstroms website.
On the 15th August we went looking at houses, I was dead set against house hunting but the hubby was insisting and the rental place we lived in right now has issues and fell in love with one that was about to come on the market and put an offer in that evening….so more craziness with legal and financing and home inspections.
On the 17th August I decided what the heck…lets do it! New house already stressing me out,why not add to it!
1. My two bridemaids who didnt have dresses went hunting for pale green dresses… impossible when only fall colors out everywhere… one found a floor length one 2 sizes too big that the store cut to knee length and altered down to fit, Another found one on the freaking 8th of September that was calf length and a size 2(she’s a 4) with a long bow, but the store owner altered the dress in one day and made a bow that was a little more contemporary. Unbelieveable!
2. On the 8th again, 2 days before the wedding, my bridesmaid that withdrew wanted back in SOOOOOO i gave her my pup to walk down the aisle. Couldnt find a dress anywhere here to fit , we live out in the boonies! Remembered that night that I had a pink peony and green dress in my closet that I bought years ago for 10 bucks that had yet to wear… I love peonies!!!! Brought it over Fri and it FIT!
3. My white and silver lengha was stitched in 6 hours the night before I left Singapore, I fell in love with the material at 3 pm while waiting to collect another lengha and designed it in 10 mins and gave the drawing to the tailor. I ended up wearing it for the wedding even though I had a dress that I bought last year off nordstrom. I was told that it was like encounters of the third kind during the ceremony as I was in full sun which was reflecting off all the stones!!! The gasps when I walked down the aisle made it TOTALLY worth it!!!!! YOu can’t see it in these pics but the entire back is corsetted on the blouse.
4. I don’t have a sticth of underwear on.
5. My sandals were nine west bought 15 years ago for 20 bucks and they totally matched. Never got a chance to wipe them clean as you can tell…
6. My etsy bouquets and bouts showed up on the 7th of sept bc of long weekend! Thank you SOOOOOOO much amore bride… She did an amazing job in 2 days from first contact!!!
7. I bailed on my hair appointment for 11:30 and gave it to my last min bridesmaid at 11 am. At this poing I was starting to panic as decorating was taking a while longer than I thought!!!
8… I frosted my own cake at 3:30 and did Devons braid at 4. My hair took 3 mins and I wold have liked to have spent longer than 10 mins on my makeup !
BUT EVERYTHING TURNED OUT GREAT!
sneak pics http://www.jillpromoli.com