3 weeks until wedding—no weight loss

posted 3 years ago in Beauty
Post # 16
1408 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2019

I’m sure you are going to look so beautiful on your wedding day! It’s important to feel good too. I would limit salt, sugar, and alcohol for the next few weeks. Also, increase your water A LOT. This will all help you lose water weight and any extra bloat.

Post # 17
650 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: London, UK

Any guest who is giving so much as a moment’s thought to your WEIGHT of all things on your wedding day needs to take a long hard look at themselves. You will look wonderful and happy and neither of those things correlate with size.

Post # 18
7936 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 1997

I agree with the PP who said I am often surprised at how thin some people get for their wedding and then shortly afterwards go back to their normal weight. I teach, and we had a new teacher who was getting married. Because her wedding was coming up soon, none of had known her for very long before that, and she was quite thin. She was married in the summer, and by the time she came back in the fall, everyone thought she was pregnant. Now, because I work with mostly women, none of us ever breathed a word of what we thought to her, nor did anyone ask her, and we’re glad we didn’t. She is just naturally/normally about 40 lb heavier than she was for her wedding, and she has held steady there for two years now with no pregnancies (that we know of).

Ultimately, I never expect anyone to look like anything except a glowingly happy, glammed up version of themselves in a great dress. And I am sure you will be all of that!

Post # 19
252 posts
Helper bee

Ugh me.  Every time I commit and try really hard, work really hard, someone dies, grad school gets tough, or I go home for the holidays. 😝

I swear I can gain weight by walking next to a cupcake.

Post # 20
538 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2020 - Summer Camp!

I don’t notice people’s weight, to be honest. As long as you fit in your dress, that’s all that matters!

Post # 21
2144 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
irishgal555 :  The answer: Keto

The scale said I lost 10 pounds. My body looked like it lost 20 because you are no longer bloated. I looked amazing in my pic even though I didnt get down to the weight I wanted.

Seriously, look into it. 

No carbs, no sugar, no veggies with high carbs(carrots, corn)

Eat healthy fats, (fish, olive oil, avocado, )

You may feel sick for a few days and thats your body detoxing. But after the first week you dont notice you aren’t eating carbs and sugar. Its truly amazing. 

Post # 22
5004 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
irishgal555 :  why would your wedding guests be surprised that you are the size you always are? Nobody goes to a wedding eager to see if a brides lost weight.

Enjoy your day and don’t even give this another thought. 

Post # 24
730 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2019

I got married Saturday and had gained a bit of weight through the holidays – my dress didn’t fit 4 weeks prior!!! I limited my sugar, dairy, and sodium and ate very clean. Along with exercise everything worked out! You might not lose 40 lbs but it will definitely help and make you feel better. 😊

Post # 25
245 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: City, State

View original reply
irishgal555 :  Don’t worry about losing an arbitrary weight. Obviously your fiance loves you for you and as long as you love your dress, that’s what counts. Focus on a healthier lifestyle in general, not just dieting for a specific event.

Post # 26
1258 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2022 - Maui

Iʻd be nervous about pushing weight loss right now cuz of your dress fitting as is, so maybe reset your goal for a later honeymoon/anniversary trip? go somewhere tropical and rock a bikini? 🙂

Post # 27
611 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2019

My friend got married last year and although she already had an amazing body she lost A LOT of weight due to her strict workout regime but mostly she said, because of stress! I’m like girl.. I STRESS EAT I CAN”T BE STRESSED. So yeah I feel you. I have 3 months untill my wedding, I started dieting and working out in Janaury and I don’t feel like it’s coming off fast enough = stress= sugar cravings haha.

Anyway theres a lot you can do in 3 weeks. You can certainly loose 4lbs of water weight that you prob don’t even know you are carrying. Avoid salt, alcohol, caffeing and processed foods including sugar. Instead eat very clean meals, chicken & vegetables for dinners/lunch, eggs & avocado for breakfast and drink LOADS of water. You will defo loose a good few pounds in 3 weeks. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors