(Closed) 3 yr old Ordering A Steak!?!?

posted 7 years ago in Food
Post # 3
1227 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Umm. That’s weird. I’d be a little afraid a 3-year-old might choke on steak.

If you want to force them to choose the kid’s meal, I guess you could say something like, “Oh, I’m so sorry this wasn’t more clear on the invitation, but all children will be getting the kid’s meal of chicken tenders.”

Post # 4
1227 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Or…this is kind of sneaky…you could just put the kid down for chicken tenders without mentioning anything to the parents, and when the day arrives, act like you have no idea why little Johnny didn’t get his steak.

Post # 5
7300 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

no no no no no! I would tell them that there are adult meals and there are kid meals. They probably just will feed their kid before the event and then eat the extra plate. That’s dirty. 

Post # 6
3758 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

wow that is just weird… I would never let my kid order steak until they were at least 10 LOL. not because I am affraid he/she would choke but that is just rediculous. epecially so young because you never know if they are actually going to eat, that would just be money down the drain. I say, just order the kid chicken and be like “oops!”

Post # 7
1087 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I agree with tattoo, they are totally going to dine on a second meal. people are hilarious….in a sad way.

I would just give the kid chicken tenders and not ask them. They can dine on that.

Post # 8
1166 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

Here’s my guess … they’re planning to split the chicken tenders between the two kids and the dad is looking forward to an extra steak! LOL

Seriously, I would think about “forcing” the issue by doing as @Bubu82 suggests, and assuming it’s an error. But that’s just me; if your Fiance feels strongly, then let it go – it’s just $20 and you’re really not going to care that day!

Post # 9
1326 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011 - Tre Bella, Mesa, AZ

@Miss Tattoo: I agree. It sounds like they are being sneaky and want more steak, even though that’s an awful thing to think. I would tell them all kids are getting kids meals.

Post # 10
7771 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

My parents fed my little sister steak (tenderloin filet, $30+) since she was a toddler.  2 or younger.  I always thought it was wasteful, but to each their own.

When I was a kid we were $6 chicken tenders type children.

Post # 11
7771 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

I am sorry, but personally I think that it would be rude to say something. 

Post # 12
642 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

My FH has a 2 1/2 yr old and I could see us ordering steak instead of a chicken kid plate for him. He is a picky eater and will eat beef almost every time but will rarely eat chicken, and never chicken nuggets, dino bites, or tenders. He won’t choke on it but you could confirm if you think it is an error. If there was clearly no option and all kids where getting the chicken kid plate, we would bring food that he would eat or not come.

I don’t know how to make this not sound bad, but can I ask why they were given an option if they really don’t have one? Sorry if that sounds rude, I really am just wondering.

Post # 13
610 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Just to place devil’s advocate on this one…

a) Could have been a mistake.

b) Was chicken tenders the only kid’s meal option?  Maybe there is some kind of gluten or chicken allergy?  Would it possible to offer up a different kid’s option for them?

Post # 14
648 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

Wow. The only way my 5 year old gets steak is if we share or there is a kid steak on the menu. I’d never make someone else pay for her to eat steak though. I’d just say sorry for the confusion, but all the children are being served chicken strips and the adults have a choice.

Post # 15
2820 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

Point the first: As a 3-year-old, I totally would have been down with gobbling up a steak.

Point the second: Totally agree with the other posters that it is MOST LIKELY the parents trying to get an extra meal.

Point the third: You offered the choice. It is not your place to say “Oh, sorry, we never really thought anyone would have the audacity to CHOOSE the steak over the chicken tenders! I mean, it’s $20 extra! So, umm…we’re not going to let you have it.”

So basically, I get that it’s probably just stupid parents, but it could be that she’ll actually eat the steak. But most importantly, you wouldn’t try to micro-manage your adult guests’ meal choices, so why are you doing it for this kid?

Post # 16
4480 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: March 2010 - Calamigos Ranch

What, are they trying to get their money’s worth?

Give the kids the kids’ meal. 3- and 5-year-olds don’t want adult meals.

The topic ‘3 yr old Ordering A Steak!?!?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors