(Closed) 3 yr old Ordering A Steak!?!?

posted 9 years ago in Food
Post # 62
13095 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

View original reply
@JrzyGurl: But there is no rule of ettiquette that says a parent must always select the kids meal option for their child if one is provided (at least not that I’ve ever seen or heard of).

Post # 63
1876 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

View original reply
@Mrs.KMM: True. But – I think it’d be common courtesy. Why should OP pay extra $$ when a 3rd old will maybe eat a quarter of the meal you know? It’s one thing if there are allergies, but I personally feel if the parents are that concerned they can bring a snack or something for him to eat. Its just that’s just how I would handle it. I think it’s a very entitled way of thinkg to select an Adult meal for a 3 yr old.We can all debate what we ate as 3 yr olds or what our neices/nephews will eat but at the end of the day a 3 yr old will eat whats in front of them (within reason).

To each their own I guess.

Post # 64
1536 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

It’s an extra $20 for ONE guest. Is it really worth causing problems over? I can tell you I definitely would have no problem with this and I would much rather shell out the $20 bill than cause a rift. As many people have said before, there could be other reasons behind this selection.

I am a picky eater myself and there are some foods I cannot eat due to allergies. I can tell you that from experience I generally just pick a menu item I know I can eat and I don’t feel that once I’ve made that choice it’s neccessary for me to bother my hosts with my “special dietary needs.” To me, that seems like more of a pain than anything. I would be willing to bet that this child is either extremely picky and they know he will eat the steak, or he has a gluten allergy and the steak seemed like a simple choice.

You did give the choice of menu options so I think based on that you are obligated to allow your guests to choose what ever they would please. Insisting that a child eat chicken nuggets instead of a better quality meal for the sake of saving money seems rather stingy. Personally, I would allow the child to have a steak. His parent’s know what is best for him afterall. Who knows maybe they are planning on giving you an amazing gift and wouldn’t you feel silly for making a stink about nuggets πŸ˜‰

Post # 65
47339 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
@JrzyGurl: “I don’t really understand why so many of you are confused about the wording”-because we haven’t seen the wording!

Too many people in this world make assumptions and base opinions on them.

Post # 66
1227 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Reading this makes me really, really glad we’re doing a buffet! πŸ™‚

Post # 67
3010 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

View original reply
@Bubu82: Samesies! I’m so excited for my buffet. πŸ˜›

Post # 68
5493 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2011

View original reply
@Bubu82:  reading this makes me really really glad we’re not inviting children!  πŸ˜›

Post # 69
642 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

@mwitter80: Bonus son? I am guessing this is your step son, or step son to be? What a great way to say it! I love it! FH has a son and I hate referring to him as a step son.

Post # 70
937 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

*hands popcorn to everyone*

Post # 72
1227 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

View original reply
@Meowkers: Haha, good point!

View original reply
@Always2beAPB: I understand why you feel that way, but I hope you don’t let a few abrasive posters rain on your Wedding Bee parade. If nothing else, I hope you can still stick around and get some helpful info, even if you don’t feel comfortable posting yourself. πŸ™‚

Post # 73
118 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I don’t know if you will read this, but I am glad you decided to let it go.  It’s a little strange to have a three year old order a steak, but I think you did the right thing to politely check if it was a typo and then just go with it.  πŸ™‚

Post # 74
1310 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2016

uhhhh the 3 year old doesn’t get steak. lol. I think you just put him down for the kids meal! MissTattoo-agreed!

Post # 75
2373 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2008

I think it’s a little odd, but I’d let it slip. They’re your in laws, no use offending anyone.

The topic ‘3 yr old Ordering A Steak!?!?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors