(Closed) $30 a person catering- all in?!!?? Are you for serious!??

posted 6 years ago in Food
Post # 3
1459 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@jlc3:  That sounds like a great deal to me 🙂

Post # 4
2295 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

That is great!! Is gratuity in there too? (I assume so.)

Our is about $26 all in for about the same thing as you’re talking about (and includes use of the hall with a $3000 food minimum), and I thought we were getting a screaming deal!

The booze is where it adds up for us though, we do have to buy our booze from the venue. But we should be able to do an average of 5 drinks (beer/wine/signature drink, not full open bar) per guest (which should be PLENTY… lots of non-drinkers) and non-alcoholic drinks for about $17/person.

The venue isn’t the prettiest, but we’re taking our savings on catering and decorating the heck out of it.

NICE FIND!!! *virtual high five* Toronto is SOOOO expensive too. I was just up there and couldn’t believe when a Chipotle burrito was over $10! What?! They are around $6 and change in the US.

Post # 5
4803 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Um, I think I wish we lived in Toronto so I could have saved a hell of a lot of money on our venue, haha! Seriously, that sounds like an awesome deal! Can we see pics?

Post # 6
2295 posts
Buzzing bee

Oh hey, something I thought of since our deals sound so similar – check the linens they are going to use. This may not matter to you, but the linens my caterer/venue offered as standard were not full-length to the ground ones. They looked kind of chintzy just going a few inches off each side of the table. We’re springing for full length colored linens instead.

Post # 7
873 posts
Busy bee

That’s awesome! That’s what I’m paying in the Los Angeles area too, except tax not included.

Post # 8
4659 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I’m so jellyyyyy.

Post # 9
285 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@jlc3:  THAT IS AMAZING!! I’m from Toronto and couldn’t find anything like that – Luckily, I’m having my wedding in Niagara Falls anyways… and our prices are almost exact to yours for what we are doing to, haha.   Where in Toronto are you doing this, might I ask?!

Post # 11
934 posts
Busy bee

@jlc3:  Sooo glad you found a place!!! And awesome deal on the catering! Small towns are the best for the budget 😉

Post # 12
1832 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

That is the bomb! Great deal girlie!

Post # 13
4194 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: July 2012 - Baltimore Museum of Industry

Are you going to be able to do a tasting?  

Post # 14
650 posts
Busy bee

That sounds like a super cool deal to me. Good for you

Post # 15
2448 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

That’s incredible. Congrats on that great deal. I wish we had affordable catering here in Atlanta . :/

The topic ‘$30 a person catering- all in?!!?? Are you for serious!??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors