(Closed) 30 and freaking out about my fertility — am i doomed?

posted 4 years ago in Wellness
Post # 16
3114 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2016 - Surfer\'s Beach, Grand Cayman

Most of my friends are just starting to get pregnant now and we are all in our early 30’s, don’t panic.

I hope your uncle is loaded…

Post # 17
497 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

I just had my first baby at 34. I’m hoping it will work out to have another around 36 or 37. My mom had her last child at 39. So there’s hope for sure! There is also testing you can do if you want to assess your reproductive health. Ask your gyn if you’re curious.

Post # 18
40 posts
Newbee

I am 37 and pregnant right now.  I had my first at 34

Post # 20
3686 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

I’m 33 (almost 34) and pregnant with my first baby.  I had no trouble conceiving at all.  

Post # 21
199 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

My friend and I are both pregnant naturally at 38, ( I got pregnant at 37).  I saw a piece of news that said if you are healthy and aging slower than your chronological age, you could get pregnant later in life.

Post # 22
516 posts
Busy bee

OP, I was at my gyno less than 10 hours ago for my annual exam, and I thought I’d ask him about fertility options, just to get a realistic view of how things are gonna be, since I’m also very very single.

After I got dressed, we met in his office, and when I brought up the subject, he literally waved his hands in the air, shook his head, and said (in his  delightful French accent): “No! Okay you do not want to miss zee train, that is good. But you are young! There is so much time. Maybe in five years, we worry. Come back, we will talk in a year. Do not worry. Go enjoy zee holidays.”

I’m 32.

p.s. No offense, but your uncle is a bit silly and your sister is a bit horrible.

Post # 23
20 posts
Newbee

Do not fret. I’m 35 and still in excellent baby making shape. Yes, age is a factor in fertility but it’s not everything.  Yes it does decline but that doesn’t mean you don’t still have time.  

Talk to your gyno. They can go over your fears with you and possibly run some tests to get a better idea of where you are. Plus, if you’re able to, look into freezing your eggs. 

GL!

Post # 24
251 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

iamkat:  Yikes bee! Your uncle and sister are making it seem as though you’re 300, not 30! 

Whilst it’s true that fertility declines as you age, there are also women in the 20s who have difficulty conceiving. Age is only one piece of the puzzle.  

Have a chat with your gynaecologist if you are still concerned- there are lots of options available!

Post # 25
Hostess
8816 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: Dorset, UK

iamkat:  I feel your pain, nearly 31 and single. One friend asked me the other day if I would consider adopting a baby on my own. WTF?! STFU I still have time. But it freaked me out that’s for damn sure!

Post # 26
539 posts
Busy bee

Like other bees, I was born to a woman in her mid-thirties (mother was 36), and that was over 25 years ago…  

Personally I’d worry if I wanted to have children and was single at, say, 37, but not before then. And then there are other options, anyway, like adoption. 

Post # 27
4134 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I met Darling Husband a week before I turned 36. We got married when I was 38 and had Dear Daughter when I was 39. I’m now 41 and 10 weeks along with #2. 

Its not all doom and gloom once you hit 30 🙂

Post # 28
79 posts
Worker bee

I’m sure you aren’t doomed just because you are 30. I hope so anyway as I’m not too far off 30 too and children are most certainly not on the horizon for at least 3 years (probably more). I can definitely relate to your worries though. I haven’t got any medical reasons to prompt I may have issues in the future (that I’m aware of), but every now and again I get this annoyingly strong panicky feeling of “OMG, I can hear that biological clock of mine ticking away ” 🙂 It soon passes though and I just decide to hope for the best 😉 It sounds like the main source of your concerns is your family’s comments and frankly, some of them are a bit insensitive. Try to not let them worry you too much (easier said than done, I know)… If it really bothers you, maybe you should consider some sort of fertility testing just to put your mind at rest.

Post # 30
894 posts
Busy bee

I was engaged at 29. We cancelled our wedding by the time I was 30. Didn’t meet my now husband until 35. Got engaged at 36, married at 37. We just got married in August and I’m now already 12 weeks pregnant. Husband is 43. Took us two months. At 30, I think it’s a little premature for doom and gloom. No one can predict the future. 

The topic ‘30 and freaking out about my fertility — am i doomed?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors