(Closed) 30+ and TTC (are you out there?!)

posted 6 years ago in TTC
Post # 151
276 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

View original reply
ABeeC:  Light cramping started yesterday for me and my temp tanked today, so my guess is AF will be here by Thursday. :-/

Your chart looks great!  I will keep everything crossed for you for a positive in a couple days! Also, I think there’s a way to “friend” people in FF so that you can see their charts on the Friend List.  I can’t recall how to do it, but if you link to your chart sharing page, I can see if I can figure it out. 

My chart:

Post # 153
276 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
ABeeC:  I sent you a friend request.  I hope it worked!

Post # 154
194 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2015

this post is a godsend! We got married 6 months ago. We are both 31 and have decided to start trying in december. I am a worrier so the older i get the more i have been stressing about being able to concieve. Its so great to see that there are so many women in their 30’s trying and that it isnt as scary as the magazines make it out to be!!

Post # 155
966 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

Starting on Month 6 ttc.  I guess if we are not successful this month then I will be making a DR appt. I guess have been told that is about the time to start getting things checked out. 

FX –

Post # 156
966 posts
Busy bee

Last month for me was the most frustrating.  BD on 10, 12 and 14.  Had some light cramping about a week after. But nope it was nothing.  AF came right on time this past Sat.  Right with Family in town so I could not even have my personal pity party.  On to Oct!!  Keeping FX and trying to keep spirits up. 

Post # 159
276 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
MissTNBookworm:  It’s sort of a double edged sword.  Information is good, but it can also make you go crazy.  I don’t ovulate regularly on my own (hence the Clomid), so it was really helpful for the doctor when initially diagnosing my PCOS (since she could see I wasn’t ovulating and cycles were getting longer each month) as well as now for confirming ovulation so I can stop peeing on sticks and harassing DH for babymaking time.  I haven’t always temped right up until AF arrives, but got lured in by the hope that an implantation dip creates.  I will say though… both times I’ve had an “implantation dip” I was not pregnant.  On the plus side, (and maybe TMI) I don’t have an issue with ruining underwear anymore since I know pretty reliably when AF will arrive.

Post # 161
72 posts
Worker bee

Hi, yip I’m here. I find it too hard to join the monthly POAS boards as my irregular cycles mean I never know when my test date will be until I O and by then there’s usually hundreds of posts already haha. 

Im glad femara has given me a “normal” length cycle this time! Although it looks like my LP will be extended by at least one day; its usually 13 days with spotting 1-2 days before that.  It’s now the evening of 13DPO and no sign of AF yet, apart from the continuing sore boobs and cramps which are getting quite painful now. I finally gave in and tested this morning: BFN. So disappointing, I thought I had done everything right, sigh. 

So I know how you feel blooming flower. The good news is you will feel better once you see a doctor and start putting a plan in place. I did anyway. 

Post # 162
966 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
ABeeC:  Thank you. I think if we talk about it with the DR.  Yes get a plan and maybe some testing to have more knowledge then maybe it will make us feel better.

View original reply
MissTNBookworm:  Thank you for all of the support.

The topic ‘30+ and TTC (are you out there?!)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors