(Closed) 30+ Bees: how long did you date your SO before he proposed? (Poll)

posted 6 years ago in 30 Something
  • poll: 30+ Bees: how long did you date your SO before you got engaged?
    less than 1 year...why wait! : (155 votes)
    20 %
    1-2 years : (213 votes)
    27 %
    2-3 years : (138 votes)
    18 %
    3+ years : (276 votes)
    35 %
  • Post # 136
    7 posts
    Newbee

We met when I was 28 and he was 31. It took 7 years for him to propose.

Post # 137
    53 posts
    Worker bee

I met my fiance when I was 25 & he was 28. We dated 4 yrs and 1 mo. when I broke things off. He’d proposed twice in his sleep. We’d lived together almost 4 years (very happily). I was feeling a lot of pressure from family to find someone who was serious enough to get married. Friends always told us how perfect we were together…& often with tears in their eyes. 

I never mentioned my desire to get married to my fiance, as we are both very independent, and so I wanted it to be his idea. To compound the problem, I’ve been proposed to MANY times by other men, and this was the first time I’d ever actually wanted to be proposed to.

We were apart for 11 mo. I almost married someone else…just to prove to myself I was mature and that I didn’t actually leave the love of my life. (stupid right?) My best friend started questioning her marriage, saying “If you two can’t make it, nobody can!”

After we got back together (so many friends crying again because they were soooo happy for us), he waited 1 yr & 1 mo. to propose…I was really beginning to wonder if he was EVER going to do it. He said he just knew that we would ALWAYS be together, so what did a piece of paper matter? To be fair, he spends an eternity making almost any decision…but…he always makes incredibly wise choices, and so that is generally something I appreciate about him. We could not be happier!!! 🙂

Post # 138
    44 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: July 2018

I’m 31 and my bf is 34, hoping for a proposal any day now (but I’m suspecting it’s coming in Oct. when we move in together) we’ve been together a little over a year- I have 2 daughters from 2 previous relationships (10 years old and 4 years old) We have been talking about marriage since the 6 month mark, maybe a little earlier.

Post # 139
    3049 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: November 2016

We were together a year and three months before we started ring searching and wedding planning.

Post # 140
    109 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: August 2016

We were dating for 2.5 years before he proposed.  He apparently knew he wanted to marry me after 6 months of dating!  Talk about being a very patient guy! 

To be fair, we’ve been open book about our expectations of a relationship and what we want in the future so I’m sure that helped!  

Post # 141
    245 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2019

We dated for 3 years and 4 months before he proposed. I am 30 and he is 34. He actually proposed much sooner than I thought he would, so that was nice. 

Post # 142
    41 posts
    Newbee

We got engaged after three months!!

Post # 143
    47 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: October 2018

he proposed on our 1 year anniversary

Post # 144
    1202 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2017

he proposed after 3 years 4 months.  We are 33 and 32

Post # 145
    479 posts
    Helper bee

CapitolBee :  wasn’t a 30something when I met my husband. I was 28 and he was 32. It took him 10 months before he proposed, got married at 1.5 year mark and we are approaching our 1 year wedding anniversary in a month! He did move very fast but I am glad he did. The best decision ever to marry him. Also as OP said, once job etc is all settled, you don’t need to wait 5+years. 

He said he knew he wanted to marry me after 1-2 months of dating. Weirdo lol

Post # 146
    22 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: November 2018

We got engaged 9 months after we first met. And got married 3 months after the engagement.

I’m 32 and he is 33. Some people think it was very fast, but I think when you know, you just know.

Im so happy.

Post # 147
    77 posts
    Worker bee

We were friends for 8 years, dated for 2.5, and lived together for 1.5 of those when we got engaged (me in late 20s, him in early 30s)

Post # 148
    852 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: November 2019

I was 31 and he was 28 when we met and started dating. Engaged at 34 and 31. While I was itching for a proposal over the summer, our timeline always felt reasonable for us. 

Post # 149
    539 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2018 - Four Seasons Hotel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills

We started dating when I was 31 and he was 33. Got married a month before my 35th birthday, and he is now 36. We were together for two years and four months when he proposed. 

The topic ‘30+ Bees: how long did you date your SO before he proposed? (Poll)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors