(Closed) 30+ Bees: how long did you date your SO before he proposed? (Poll)

posted 7 years ago in 30 Something
  • poll: 30+ Bees: how long did you date your SO before you got engaged?

less than 1 year...why wait!

1-2 years

2-3 years

3+ years

• Post # 46
    2167 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: May 2014

View original reply
    CapitolBee:  11 months! I was 30 and he was 36 when we met. Wewillbe 32 and 38 when we marry in May.

Post # 47
    1830 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: November 2013

2 years and 2 months. I was 29 when we met, and 31 when he proposed. We were married 6 months later.

Post # 48
    366 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2014

6 years! I have been dating him since I was 25 and I am going to be 31 in a couple of days!

Post # 49
    326 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2015

Within a month we had decided we wanted to get married…had a hall booked within 3 months…the ‘official’ proposal wont happen till the summer though…he’s apparently got everything planned out 🙂 We’ll be marrying in Italy in Sept 2015.

Post # 50
    366 posts
    Helper bee

We:
    – started dating when we were 31
    – moved in together 3 days shy of our one year anniversary at 32
    – got engaged at the 18 month mark. By then he was 33 and I was 32
    – We’ll be married at 34
    – 2 years and 9 months after we started dating.

Post # 51
    8467 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: July 2012

We dated just under 3 years when he proposed. We’re together now for 6 years. I’m married almost 2 years. 

Post # 52
    3822 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

View original reply
    CapitolBee:  6 months. we learned all we needed to learn about love and relationships and knew exactly what we wanted for our lives. we made the decision to pursue it together! so we decided to seriously prepare for engagement around month 5 and he proposed during month 6. we got married 9 months after that and now we’re expecting our first child. i wouldn’t change one thing about it. it’s been amazing ever since.

Post # 53
    2836 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: November 2013

View original reply
    CapitolBee:  I met my huasband in Feb 2012.  We started “hanging out” in August of 2012, we were living together by December of 2012, engaged in June of 2013, and married in Nov 2013.

Neither one of us were in a hurry to get married, believe it or not.  We were both totally content with the idea we may never meet that person that would make us want to get married.  But we clicked well.  Once we knew we were going to get married, we just didn’t know why we should wait.  Both of us are reasonable people– but it felt like the only reason we would have waited is so that other people didn’t potentially think we were crazy LOL– and that seemed silly.

I have a kid (he just turned 6!) and we would like to have at least one baby together.  We also wanted to emjoy being married for a bit before having a baby.

No regrets– and there wasn’t one person who said anything about us getting married too soon– except for my sister, and that was only because out original date was going to overlap her 2-year-later-honeymoon.  If you can’t tell, she’s a bit of procrastinator.

Post # 54
    Hostess
    11161 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper

We had been together five going on six years when he proposed. It was about time! At this point we will have been together nine years in October (three years married in May). It goes by so very quickly.

Post # 55
    1896 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: August 2014

The first year we were together we dated long-distance, after I moved to LA for graduate school and to be next to him he insisted on waiting until after I graduated to be engaged so that was another three years.  In total we dated about 5 years before we got engaged.  We’re getting married on our 6 year anniversary.

Post # 56
    2567 posts
    Sugar bee

My Fiance and I dated for 3 months before we got engaged. We’ve been engaged 2.5 years, planning a weddingmoon in spring 2016. We are both in our 30s. A lot of people were shocked and thought it was too soon. We just knew pretty much right away that we were right for eachother and that was it! Getting engaged so early on was one of the most romantic things that has ever happened to me. 

Post # 57
    561 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

We were both 26 when we met, 30 when we got engaged and 30/31 when we got married. We had been together for a year when we agreed that we wanted to get married eventually.

Post # 58
    145 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: October 2014

View original reply
    CapitolBee:  I was 31 and he was 29 when we met. We moved in together after four months and were engaged at seven months. Our wedding will be 17 months into meeting. 

We had both been engaged previously (but no marriages) and we knew what we wanted. Can’t wait until October!

Post # 59
    2386 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

We were married 11 months after the day we met.  We got engaged after 2 months together.

Post # 60
    1609 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: November 2014

About 15 months. Would have been engaged in less than a year but he lost his job after we’d been together a few months.

The topic ‘30+ Bees: how long did you date your SO before he proposed? (Poll)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors