(Closed) 30+ Bees: how long did you date your SO before he proposed? (Poll)

posted 6 years ago in 30 Something
  • poll: 30+ Bees: how long did you date your SO before you got engaged?

less than 1 year...why wait!

1-2 years

2-3 years

3+ years

• Post # 76
    34 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: May 2015

I’m 35 and Fiance is 38. He proposed after 9 months and we are getting married 6 months later 

Post # 77
    1601 posts
    Bumble bee

We were together for 4 years and then I proposed!  ๐Ÿ™‚  He had the ring so he went to his hiding place, pulled it out, and said, “This is for you.”  It was still the happiest moment of my life and a huge surprise for me, just as much as if he had proposed.  We were in our 30’s and established and happy so it was the right time.

Post # 78
    293 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2016

Literally about two weeks after our one year anniversary.

Post # 79
    160 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: June 2015

He proposed just shy of 4 months of our first date and we will be married 10 months after we met.  We are both 33 and will be 34 when we get married, but both know what we want. 

Post # 80
    3109 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: March 2016 - Surfer\'s Beach, Grand Cayman

Not engaged yet but he told me he plans to propose by this summer. We will be together 2 years in March and are 31 and 32.

Post # 81
    229 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: January 2016

We met when I was 31 and we got engaged on our three year anniversary.  I had not wanted to get married at all ( I had been married before) and then when I realized that he was the person that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with we talked about getting engaged after 5 years and not rushing things. But once again we changed our minds.  Why wait?  We both know people who dated for 10 years and got divorced 8 months later.  We also know people who got married after knowing eachother 4 months and are still married 50 years later.  I think it boils down to compatability and a willingness to work things out as well as compromise.

Post # 82
    5 posts
    Newbee

I met my FH three months after my 35th birthday. He is a year younger than me. We had talked about moving in together after six months of dating and did about four months after that. We had then talked about marriage and what are theme for our wedding would be. Because of our age we had talked about starting to have kids and were going to start trying right around our 2 year anniversary. On our 2 year anniversary he proposed. We will be getting married three months after our 3 year anniversary.

Post # 83
    37 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: April 2015

I was 34, him 33 and we had been dating on and off for 8 years then really on for about 2 with living together for about a year and a half of that.  I just wasn’t ready in the beginning, I had been married before and told him I never wanted to get married again.  Well, thankfully he is very patient and knows me better than I know myself b/c after a complete surprise proposal who would have thought, i DO want to get married!  I just had told myself for so long that I didn’t want it that I started believing it.  Now that we are engaged I’m so happy and excited to be marrying him.  We will have been engaged 8 months when the wedding happens.  Another big factor for me for doing it is that I would like children so I need to hurry up haha!  

Post # 84
    7976 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: July 2013 - UK

I was 30 when we married, but we had been together for the best part of a decade. We were the “longest serving” couple in our social circle by far, but not the first to marry.

I should also say that the average age of first birth in the country where I live is 30, so I didn’t really think this was too late to marry if we wanted children.

Post # 85
    905 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2015

I’m not in my 30’s but Fiance is. We dated for 20 months before we got engaged and the proposal had been in the works since about 16 months of dating. We’ll be married after dating exactly 2.5 years.

Post # 86
    901 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2014

I was 31 when we met, DH was 29.  Moved in together after 6 months, engaged after just over a year.  We got married nearly on our 2 year dating anniversary.

Post # 87
    180 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: March 2015

We both turned 30 las year, My Fiance and I get married in March and 3 days after is our 7 year anniversary. He proposed 18 months ago  ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 88
    8 posts
    Newbee

I’m 30 now. Wedding & birthday are both in April. We were best friends for approx 2 years and were together for maybe 9 years before he proposed. It wasn’t the plan, but I am wayyyy thankful it happened this way. In retrospect, I don’t believe neither him nor I were ready for marriage. Plus, seeing as how we both lived at home, we had the opportunity to do STUFF (travel, get and up go at the drop of a dime…)

Post # 89
    20 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: Isaiah Tubbs Resort

8 Months for us. We had been friends for about 5 years already.

Post # 90
    56 posts
    Worker bee

I’m in my early 30s (FI not yet 30) and we dated a little over 2 years before he asked ๐Ÿ™‚

The topic ‘30+ Bees: how long did you date your SO before he proposed? (Poll)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors