(Closed) 30+ bees…where do you buy jeans?

posted 7 years ago in 30 Something
Post # 31
1066 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I usually have the best luck at stores like Winners or Ross. The last few pairs of jeans I have purchased were Buffalo, Jessica Simpson and Silver brands. I’m 30 this year and totally understand the awkwardness, that comes with shopping and not wanting to look like you’re trying to look really young or look like you’re dressing matronly.

Post # 32
144 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

Calvin Klein.

Post # 33
188 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

Diesal and Seven from Macy’s or online. I am plus sized and these jeans don’t milked jeans that make me look like I am wearing mom jeans, the aren’t low riders either. I purchase boot cut jeans because I have bow legs and the straight and skinny legs just ain’t right on this body. They are expensive but they fit so comfortably.

i found a pair of Seven jeans in Ross Dress for Less. Yeah!

Post # 34
70 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: January 2000

I shop at H&M; their jeans fall apart fast but they are cheap and don’t look old-ladyish. The only thing is that they are European and thus their sizing is realistic (no vanity sizes) so a 00 at the Gap is a size 4 there.  

Post # 35
851 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Since I’m petite and curvy with a short torso, it’s hard to find jeans that aren’t too long and aren’t super high waisted with an elastic band.  That being said, I really like JC Penny, Kohl’s, and Macy’s for jeans, as well as everyday and work wear.  

Straight leg jeans with a low waist work best for me.  Not too young looking, yet not too matronly, and I can pair them with flats, heels, boots, sneakers, etc… I like boyfriend jeans during spring and summer too.

Post # 36
978 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

View original reply
BeeG35:  gap factory- I swear their boyfriend jeans are the best for big bummed girls. 

Post # 37
1074 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I’m 5’2″ and a size 27, 2 or 4 in jeans/dresses and well into my 30s. I work in a creative industry so could wear jeans almost every day except for when clients come.

Jeans that aren’t too fussy and work well for me: Paper Denim & Cloth, AG (the high-waisted skinny Farrah jeans suck everything in – muffin top is horrible) and J Brand. Some Citizens of Humanity and Seven for All Mankind work as well.

I buy a lot online – Rue La La, Haute Look and Gilt always have jeans on sale. Or hit any of the outlets – Nordstrom Rack, Last Call etc.

Post # 38
7 posts
Newbee

View original reply
BeeG35:  White Houes Black Market. Wait for sale or clearance and they are usually under $40. They fit really well and are super comfortable.

Post # 39
92 posts
Worker bee

I love Lucky Brand and Seven jeans. I usually try to find them at TJ Maxx or Marshall’s, but if you know your size/fit in them, they run Seven jeans on groupon goods all the time!

Post # 40
2319 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

Gap, Madewell, J.Crew, 7FAM or Citizens are always a good choice!

Post # 41
332 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

Levi’s – I am a bit biased though since I work for them ;-). But we have rather decent prices I work at one of their outlets and we have women’s jeans on sale usually starting at 19.99 as well as some on clearence. Our typical sale though is if you buy 2 or more pairs 39.99 each so 2 for 79.98 or you could wait till a holiday weekend when they are typically a little bit cheaper.

Post # 42
2407 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

I like loft and Chicos so slimming line. 

Post # 43
512 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
MissParrot:  I have to say that after years of hating jeans (they fit so bad on me that one sales guy at a high end jeans boutique was stunned it took 2hrs and 15 pairs later to find a pair that “almost” looked okay), I will now and forever be a Levi’s girl

**weird. It cut the rest of my comment when I posted. Oh well, to recap: Levi’s rule! Age 37, size 4, 5’1

Post # 44
1224 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2009 - Mountain Meadow/Mansion

I would also second buying good jeans. Nordstroms has personal shoppers you can use for free and alterations are also free on full priced items. I like Paige jeans, but they have many choices. I’d also agree that Banana and J. Crew have some great jeans/reasonable prices but it also depends on your body type. 

I also get most of my tops at Anthropologie, J. Crew or Banana.

Post # 45
141 posts
Blushing bee

I’m 32, so no juniors section for me either!  I’m pretty lazy about searching for jeans and buy them at Gap or Gap outlet also. 

The topic ‘30+ bees…where do you buy jeans?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors