(Closed) 30 Day Fitness Plan to Turn Pregnant Looking into Fit Looking?

posted 6 years ago in Fitness
  • poll: Continue Hot & Power Yoga 4x a week or do something different?
    Hot Yoga : (7 votes)
    39 %
    Other (please give suggestions!) : (11 votes)
    61 %
  • Post # 3
    748 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

You do not look pregnant! You look like a woman. I can’t believe someone would even say that to you.

Post # 4
    5475 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: August 2012

It sounds like your exercise routine is great- lots of strength training & toning!  Can you add in a few cardio sessions each week?  Maybe a spin class or hit the elliptical?

How is your diet?  I think you’re wise to recognize that you have a tendancy to be a little too uptight about calorie counting.  Maybe just make some small changes- they can add up and make a big difference.  For example, change from white bread to wheat bread, white rice to brown rice, and focus on increasing fresh fruits & veggies.  Increase your lean protein intake and decrease your soft drink/dessert coffee/potato chip intake. 

The bad news is that 30 days is enough to make progress, but I don’t think it’s enough to safely & sustainably make a huge difference.  The good news:  I think you look amazing in your dress!  I have more of a pouch than that when I have PMS!  You are so stunning, and the ruching and the flower allow the dress to be a little more forgiving.  Don’t stress… you look great in your dress 🙂

Post # 5
    2401 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

Here’s what I’d do: take kickboxing classes. Then, if anyone says you look preggo in your wedding dress, you could knock them out.

Post # 6
    5475 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: August 2012

@ohmybears48:  HAH!  That is a great suggestion 😛  HIYYYAAAAAAAHH!

Post # 7
    2214 posts
    Buzzing bee

I would try to do some low impact cardio like spinning or the eliptical.  And whenever I cut out carbs and lower my sodium intake, the first thing to go is my gut, so with 30 days to go, I would probably do that. 

Post # 8
    1089 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: January 2013

@ohmybears48:  Great idea!

I think you look beautiful in your dress. If you want something to do I would try a spin class or eliptical or something low impact like that.

Post # 9
    2280 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: April 2011

I think you look great! If you’re worried about it, you can increase the number of times you work out per week. Better yet, focus on your diet, which is 80% of the battle anyway. Try cutting back on sugars and carbs as much as possible, and reduce your salt intake a bit. It’s quite easy to lose water weight (though not really advisable). People seem to lose the most true weight when they get their bodies off a sugar diet and start burning fat instead.

Or…you can take @ohmybears48’s advice. Seriously some of the best fitness advice I’ve ever heard, lol!

Post # 10
    1587 posts
    Bumble bee

you should try Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred and possibly continue it up to the wedding… cut down on salty foods and drink lots of water! good luck girl!

Post # 11
    1183 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: April 2012

I’d try to go low carb and low salt for a week and see if it cuts down on weight carried in your middle. It’s not a long term solution, but it will knock off some water weight fast!  Then you have a backup plan for the week before the wedding if you are not feeling confident.

i think you look great, but we brides are always our worst critics!

Post # 12
    1587 posts
    Bumble bee

I was also told by my trainer that if you want to lose 10lbs fast… to get going on the cardio… after you lose those 10 lbs… to start doing cardio and strength training equally to tone up.

Post # 13
    4755 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

You need to mix it up more. That just hot yoga. I’m no pro but you need to burn the calories off, then tone that tummy. So you need cardio in addtion to eating healthy, and “barree” and hot yoga… combine it all and you should be in good shape.

Post # 14
    1133 posts
    Bumble bee

You do look great!! Not “pregnant” as you said lol. But it sucks you cant run, because cardio is going to be your best friend to loose belly fat, overall body fat too! I’d keep the yoga for your awesome arms and legs but you need to do some type of total  body cardio to get rid of fat. Maybe cycling orrrr I dont know, can you jog?? I don’t know how severe your foot injury is. You look great though, keep up the healthy eating, I think that’s the hardest part! 

Post # 15
    Hostess
    18643 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2009

I would start doing some interval training.  A lot of trainers say that is the way to burn a lot of calories in less time that running on a treadmill for a hour.  I would get a Jillian Michaels’ DVD, my favor is No More Trouble Zones and mix it up with some extra cardio type classes.  Also, keep an eye on your diet as others have said.

You look beautiful already though!

The topic ‘30 Day Fitness Plan to Turn Pregnant Looking into Fit Looking?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors