(Closed) 30 Day Fitness Plan to Turn Pregnant Looking into Fit Looking?

posted 9 years ago in Fitness
  • poll: Continue Hot & Power Yoga 4x a week or do something different?

Hot Yoga

Other (please give suggestions!)

• Post # 47
    1586 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: January 2013

View original reply
    @Mrs.Elivs:  Good Job… you have your goal, now just stay focused…!

Post # 48
    236 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

View original reply
    @Mrs.Elivs: Very nice! For what it’s worth, you already look great in your dress, and those people are idiots, but I hope working out makes you feel better all around. 

Post # 49
    230 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 2011

I think the dress is super flattering on you, and the fact that you’re putting all this effort in last minute means you will look extra sexy!  I know how you feel – I’m 5’4″ and 110 lb, but I carry extra weight in my stomach and get mistaken for being pregnant all the time.  It’s a really shitty feeling when people ask, so I know where you’re coming from.

My wedding was a caribbean destination wedding, and I knew I’d be on the beach in a swimsuit all week, so I needed to make drastic changes too.  I have been working out for years, but nothing made too much of a difference in my stomach.  3 months before the wedding my fiance and I started Insanity – and I noticed changes in just a week!  After a month, my stomach was definitely flatter, and the little back flab I had was going away too.  I went down like 2 jean sizes, despite the fact that I’ve been wearing the same jeans for 5-6 years.  A friend at work tried it as well, and she went down 2 jean sizes just like I did.  I would really recommend Insanity, but it sounds like your foot injury might not be compatible with the intense high-impact segments.  But just for future reference, or for anyone else who needs to make changes fast, I recommend Insanity.   I need to get started again because I’ve been really slacking since the wedding.

PS. Insanity is an at-home video program, and the nice thing is you don’t need any equipment AT ALL, and not too much space.  But you do need to jump a lot, so doing it in a basement is best.  It’s made by BeachBody, same company as P90 if you’ve heard of that.

Post # 50
    1479 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2010

View original reply
    @macbookbee123:  I think it’s fine that you’re doing this diet, since you say that you’re being followed closely by your doctor.  HOWEVER, I think you should probably stop recommending an 800 calorie diet to anyone and everyone who mentions wanting to lose weight.  You could mislead someone into thinking that they could restrict their own diet on their own to 800 calories to lose weight, and I’m sure you know that there are definitely health risks associated with such intense calorie restriction (since you’re under the care of a doctor and all).  Please do a little more to explain that this diet has been advised by a doctor and that this diet is not to be undertaken without doctor supervision.  I researched this Physician’s Plan diet on the internet, and while they do say that this type of calorie restriction is ok over a small time frame, they do mention that there are potentially serious side effects (thus the need for close doctor supervision).

I’m just disturbed because I also saw you bragging about this diet in a pregnancy thread, which I think is really out of place and frankly, very irresponsible of you.

Post # 51
    784 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: February 2012

View original reply
    @Miss Root:  Here is a quote from a previous response in this thread: “I can agree with that. When I talk about my diet from now on, I will advise that this has been okayed by an MD who is following me closely and may not be right for everyone. I apologize if anyone took it as I was recommending all people to try it or offended anyone by saying that I’m doing that.”

Before you go attacking someone, please make sure you have read all of the posts on this site as CLEARLY people cannot remove prior posts. If I could, I would. I NEVER would recommend 800 calories to a pregnant woman. I was probably talking about either A) That we will be TTC shortly so I was hesitant to start this 800 calorie per day diet for fear of what I may be doing to my body and if I get pregnant and don’t know it how I may harm my baby or B) a postpartem jumpstart diet (which clearly would need to be monitored by a clinician).(Option C, I think someone who was pregnant was experiencing pregnancy hunger, and so I was suggesting to her to try some of the strategies I use in my diet in addition to her normal diet to make my body think it’s full, which is increasing the protein/good fat intake, to see if that helps her pregnancy hunger without packing on the pounds; was not suggesting her to eat 800 calories per day).

Again, for the fourth time in this thread, I am in noo way recommending people to eat 800 calories per day unless being monitored by a doctor (like I am!!! and repeatedly said I am!) I was simply telling what has worked for me, which is what the weddingbee community is all about. People ask for ideas and strategies to lose weight, opinions from other brides who had read lips at their wedding, thoughts and experiencing with a specific venue, etc. And no one should be attacked for their own personal testimony like you have.

ETA:  Option B should not have been started if the woman is breastfeeding.

In no way am I forcing my diet on anyone but I do have the right to talk about it…

Again I apologize for offending anyone!

The topic ‘30 Day Fitness Plan to Turn Pregnant Looking into Fit Looking?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors