(Closed) 30 day shred??

posted 8 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
913 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

You can check out some “YouTube” videos that show parts of the shred before you go out and purchase it.  I did 15mins of it one day by watching the YouTube video and I was DYING for the next two days.   You can definitely feel the burn….

I think there are 3 different levels of the program.  

Post # 5
654 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Does anyone think that its worth it? Do you ACTUALLY get results? I dont know I am just leary of home dvd workout dvds…like do they actually do any good?

Post # 6
485 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

@osakagirl: HONESTLY I don’t really think it’s worth it. To lose weight all you need to do is eat  less calories than you burn. You only burn like 200 calories doing the 20 minute workout of the 30 day shred. HOWEVER it’s better than nothing. Doing 45-60 minutes of cardio with a strength training program 3x a week is much better 🙂

Post # 7
913 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

@Future_Le……After that one day I ever did it again!!!  hahaha  I decided cardio was way better for me.  I also didn’t want to buy the video for the full workout cause I didn’t know anyone who used it.  I heard things about some workout called “Insanity”…not sure about though.

Post # 8
531 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

i just started it today, i started level 1 it seems to be pretty intense for my first day.  We will see!  I just posted a thread asking people to give their results but i havent had any bite

Post # 10
1585 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I have heard about Insanity… has anyone tried it?

Post # 11
4765 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2011 - Vintage Villas

I definitely agree with others that what they have you do on the Shred is the sort of thing that you can do on your own, but my issue is that I’d never do it without someone showing m exactly what to do. I’m a total workout dummy, and if I don’t have a guide to go by like the Shred, I’ll just do cardio every day and never get any strength in – that’s why I decided to try the 30 Day Shred.

Currently, it’s all I’m doing, but I plan to mix it up with more cardio soon. But, I will say that I’ve seen a big difference in my endurance through the video, and I can feel my body getting stronger. I haven’t seen a huge difference in my body yet – but I’ve only been doing it for about a week and a half. I have seen some subtle differences though, like a slightly flatter stomach and I can see my legs getting a little more toned.

I think the 30 day shred is really meant for people (like me) who don’t really know how to do many strength exercises and tend to just stare at all the weights and not know where to begin. It really shows you HOW to work out the different parts of your body, and without it I know I wouldn’t be doing any strength exercises! If you already know your way around the weight machines and you feel comfortable doing strength workouts on your own, then the Shred will probably bore you. Just my thoughts!

Post # 12
19 posts
Newbee

I’m on day 12 of doing this video, and I can already see some changes in definition in my arms.  I’ve only lost 1 pound so far.  I think in order to lose weight, I will probably add in some more cardio.

Good luck!

Post # 13
5263 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2012

I love the Shred. I think the problem is people want a quick fix workout DVD that will help you lose weight without dieting – that just won’t happen because 80% of weight loss IS diet. But for getting in shape, toning up, and boosting your weight loss the Shred is great. 

Post # 14
732 posts
Busy bee

I am doing the shred in conjunction with weight watcher and i’ve lost about 13 lbs so far. I’ve been doing it since the beginning of January, so progress has been sort of slow, but I am ok with it. The shred is great, and it’s so amazing that it’s only 20 minutes. I stayed on level 1 for like 3 weeks and i’ve been on level 2 since. I’m still not ready to go to level 3 because i can’t get through level 2 yet without having to stop or doing the easy versions.

You can get it at walmart for ten bucks!

Post # 15
573 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I’ve been supplementing my running with the Shred b/c I needed to be strengthening my arms and abs, and I have a hard time doing that on my own.  I am on Level 2, and can definitely tell my arms are more toned and my stomach is flatter/tighter.  I don’t think it’s meant to be done alone, but I do think it serves as a great tool for those looking to supplement their normal cardio routine with some strength moves….and I’ve heard of other girls (on here) still doing the moves from a previous level, which is great!

Post # 16
2083 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

i’m on level 3 of the shred now and since i started i’ve lost 7 lbs. i don’t know if it is because of the shred for sure or if it is because i was training for a half marathon at the same time i started the shred. i will say that it does wonders for arms, i do a lot of arm work outs in the gym but after the shred my arms hurt in places i didn’t even know was possible lol

The topic ‘30 day shred??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors