(Closed) 30 Day Shred?

posted 8 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
466 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Ohmigosh, I love Jillain!  Love the 30 Day Shred!!!  Honestly, I only use it about once a week because I run/bike/go the Y the rest of the week, but it’s fantastic.  You will probably feel like you’re going to die when you first do it, and when you move up a level, but that’s how you know it’s working.  πŸ™‚  Her workouts are only 20-25 minutes, so it’s great if you don’t have a lot of time.  And can easily be done in a living room. 

I also have her Biggest Loser Last Chance workout and it isn’t quite as tough (but tough enough) if you want to change up your routine on some days.

Good luck!

Post # 4
1418 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I have used the 30 Day Shred and I must say that for a 20 minute work-out, it is quite exhausting!  You will definitely feel the burn!  I haven’t used it enough to comment on any results, but I do believe that if you were able to commit to it, even 4-5 times a week, you will definitely see some improvement.  

My biggest problem is my eating, so I am hoping that in combination with the gym, the shred, and consciously eating better, I will see results!  I have lost about 10 pounds in the past several months, so I have to keep it up!  

As long as you commit to it and keep doing it, there is no reason why you shouldn’t tone up those areas you want!  Good luck πŸ™‚

Post # 5
941 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

i started doing it for a bit, but messed up my knee and while i waited for it to heal, i lost my steam. stay with it and it will kick your butt but really do wonders. after day 5 i was already feeling so much better about myself and my stamina increased tremendously. i need to get back on, asap! i recommend using no more than 3lb wieghts tho. they don’t specify on the dvd.

Post # 6
10851 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

I use the 30 Day Shred and I LOVE IT. I hate working out with a burning passion, but I do this because I’ve gotten results. I’m a size 10 and I’m pretty sure I’ve gone down to an 8 now. Clothes that didn’t fit me at the end of last summer fit me again and I got into my first pair of goal jeans. I have another pair that are smaller but I’m trying not to get my heart set on them πŸ˜‰

In any case, it’s really tough, but it’s fast and it works! I’m really happy about my results so far!

Post # 7
252 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2009 - Eastside Catholic Chapel and Lake Union Cafe

I’ve done it and love it.  I try not to just do the Shred because I get bored.  I don’t really like her either but she does get you moving

Post # 9
455 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Ya know, I did the 30 day shred – everyday for 30 days. And I did not see a single result.  By the end I could do the exercise without huffing and puffing, and that was my real goal although my secret goal was to lose weight and tone… but none of that happened.  I will say that going through the Shred and not seeing results motivated me to do some running and weight lifting and that I don’t think I would have been capable of that exercise without the Shred.  But it didn’t actually help me lose weight/tone up though I’ve maintained the same diet for months now and am currently seeing weight go byebye with the C25k.

Maybe I’m a freak of nature but everyone is always super positive about the Shred and I wanted to throw my own not-as-positive experiences into the ring.

Post # 10
1418 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Glad to hear about the 3lb weights!  I remember picking up the 5lb weights and thinking about the workout and saying to myself “HELL NO!”….haha.  Not that I couldn’t use the 5lbs, but it would be painful!

Looking skinnier is all about the cardio to burn the fat and strength training to build the muscle!  You can’t have one without the other if you really want to see great results!

Post # 12
2496 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: January 1991

I love the 30 Day Shred!!  I just went up to Level 2 and I really do feel like I’m going to die haha, but so far it’s really helped me.

I also agree with using 3 lb weights for most of it.  I use 5 lb and 3 lb, depending on the exercise and it’s just fine. 

Post # 13
7173 posts
Busy Beekeeper

I did it and really liked the workouts, but I didn’t see any super significant weight loss (more toning of my arms).  I think you’d have to add some cardio and be really good about your eating to drop the weight by Sept.

Post # 14
149 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I just started a week ago (only a month till the wedding..haha) and it’s definitely kicking my behind! I have to say that I don’t really like her attitude that much- kind of negative, but I can already feel my arms getting stonger. I agree with pp that 3 lbs weights are plenty if you don’t do a lot of upper body. That being said- I don’t think I could lose any weight with this video- just toning and building stamina- which being a month out is all I am looking for.

Post # 15
275 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Jillian Michaels is a beast! I like 30DS but I especially like her Burn Fat Boost Metabolism workout dvd, it’s MEGA intense but the downside is that it’s 55min. 

Post # 16
1104 posts
Bumble bee

If you find Jillian annoying I’d recommend doing the workout once or twice to get the instructions, and after that putting her on mute and playing your own music instead. I do that with all my fitness DVDs and it’s the best way to go I think! Good luck πŸ™‚

The topic ‘30 Day Shred?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors