(Closed) 30 Day Shred?

posted 10 years ago in Fitness
Post # 17
360 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Im so glad someone opened this topic! Ive been thinking about the Shred for a while now, and know a girl who did it and liked it, but its nice to hear a lot of feedback from all different people!  You girls totally just convinced me to get the 30 day shred!!!!

Post # 18
424 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

I love it, but I hate that she calls everyone “buddy.” What is with that? Annoying. 🙂

Post # 19
1106 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I’ve been doing the shred consistently for 2 weeks now. I’m definitely starting to see results! Slowly but surely :] I was thinking about doing the shred every other day with some cardio in between, but I just ended up doing it every single day. I go to level 3 next Tuesday!

@completelyrandomsally- I turn her voice off and listen to my own music! She can get annoying sometimes!

Post # 20
337 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Can I suggest Zumba?  It burns like a zillion calories in an hour, and is fun.  The time definitely goes faster than a regular workout.  It would be great to mix up with Jillian.  Look for the Zumba Fitness series.

Post # 21
45 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I second Starbright.  I really hate the 30 Day Shred.  Well, I have mixed feelings about it.  It is a good work out in a short period of time.  But it is kind of boring, and ugh, I hate push-ups with a passion.

I still do the 30DS every so often if I miss a work out or something, but Zumba on the other hand is super fun.  And an excellent work out.  It even tones your abs.  Classes/ group exercises are always more fun for me – water aerobics, step aerobics, what have you.  But Zumba is definitely the most fun and effective work out I have found.

Post # 22
281 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Oh , I love Jillian! 30 day shred is awesome. I have her other videos too, but I’m waiting until I move up to level 2 to try one of those. Just a warning- the first time you do it, you’ll be so sore you feel like you got hit by a truck. I usually do it every other day, and since it’s only 30 minutes it’s good if you don’t have a lot of time. 🙂

Post # 23
41 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2011

just finished day 1 of the shred..sweating like a total pig and i love it..i love that it is so quick-i dont think ive ever worked out this hard in such a short amount of time

Post # 24
3620 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the Shred. You WILL see results.

Post # 25
128 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

I finally tried this out with my sister last night and it almost killed both of us! I’m sooo sore today but that’s how you know it’s working, right? I do think it’s a great work-out program but I will also continue going to the gym so I can get more cardio in.

To the ladies that did not see results, I’m just curious – were you also on some kind of diet plan? I’m not changing my diet significantly, just trying to eat healthier/fresher foods.

Post # 26
58 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I LOVE the 30 Day Shred. It really made me feel stronger, more energetic, and more confident. I will say that I didn’t lose any weight until I combined it with diet changes though. I’m doing it for the 4th time now.

I also think No More Trouble Zones is great for toning if you like Jillian’s style.  

Post # 27
58 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Oh yeah…I also wanted to comment that the push ups are great for armpit fat! I never knew how to get rid of it, and then the 30 Day Shred made it go away. And since it’s only 20-30 min, there’s never a good excuse for why you can’t do it.

Post # 28
96 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I have had the 30 Day Shred DVD for a long time now. Every couple of months I try to get back into it. On the first day, it always kicks my butt. I have realized that doing it every day just doesn’t work for me. If I am too sore to workout, it is not really helping. A trainer also told me that doing the Shred everyday is not necessarily a good idea because you are forcing the same muscles to work every day. Your body needs time to rest, recover and rebuild.

So what I do now is throw this workout in maybe once a week or so. I mix it up with some of The Firm fitness dvds, Billy Blanks Tae-Bo (LOVE!), and I use the EA Sports Active Workouts for Wii. Keeping your workouts fresh is the only way to not get bored.

Post # 29
1015 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2018

Mabey im just super out of shape but how in the world do you to it more than 1 day in a row? i did it one day, and was deffinately feeling it way to much the next day in order to do it again. Should i continue with the one day on one day off routine until im not feelin it as much, then do everyday?

Post # 30
549 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

It’s a GREAT workout!!! I used it for 30 days before going away to a destination wedding in April, and lost 13 inches total from my chest, arms, waist and hips… it’s really tough, but it DEFINITELY works!!! 🙂 I’m starting it again tomorrow to tone up for our stag and doe, and then again before the wedding because it works REALLY well!

Post # 31
1941 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

I started this program this week along with my c25k program that I have been doing. I actually bought it last year before my wedding but I was in denial then and I was actually in the best shape ever so I did not use it.  But after getting married and with all the stress and drama from that and then life changes, I stopped running and working out all togethor. End result? Gained 10 lbs on a small frame and some lovely dimples lol. I have always worked out all my life and use to be a personal trainer. In the summer I actually try to cut back bc I just hate it and rather be outside doing something or with friends so this program is actually awesome bc I really do not want to devote anymore time to working out. First day was a little difficult yes, but you just keep pushing. She is utterly annoying but is correct that your stamina and strength increases each time. If you take a day off every time you feel sore you are never going to make any progress. Yes trainers are correct your muscles need time to heal, but also, this is only 20 minutes and not hard core lifting. Your muscles are being shocked and its the cardio and intensity that gets to many but it is ok to do 5-6x/wk. I am just using this dvd as a refresher for the summer and will go back to what I’ve been doing for years in the fall. Good luck!

The topic ‘30 Day Shred?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors