(Closed) 30 day Shred Accountability Project

posted 8 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
542 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

I am actually just about to start this! Saw a post for it here on the bee, and figured it would be a great way to get back on my fitness bandwagon! I haven’t actually started it yet because I am moving and will be boxing up stuff and moving it to our new house for the next week, so I think I will start right after Thanksgiving! I hope I can stick to it! Is this your first time doing the shred??

Post # 4
929 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

I have done approx 20 days “straight”- weekdays and then i take saturday and sunday off. 

Last week from Weds-Fri I was hiking/camping, so i didn’t do it.  This week, I haven’t been able to get back on track Cry…every night i set my alarm for 5:45 like i did for 4 weeks with no issues, but then i wake up in the middle of the night and change it to 6:20 and don’t get up to shred. 

My plan is to start fresh Monday, do a week on level 1, and then 2-3 weeks on level 2, to kick my ass before christmas when i’m sure i’ll slack.

GIVE ME ACCOUNTABILITY BEEEEEEEEES

Post # 6
411 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I did!  I have done it every night this week.  I did it at least four times a week before my wedding, but once we went on the honeymoon, I slacked.  Now I want to battle those “love pounds” people say you get when you get married.  

Post # 7
1237 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

I bought the dvd months ago but just haven’t kicked my butt into gear. Maybe tonight’s the night!

Post # 8
12 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2011

I am so frustrated!  I just started working out again last week and broke my freakin toe on Monday!  So discouraged, I have no idea when I will be able to shred again, as we all know Jillian kicks your ass

Post # 9
178 posts
Blushing bee

Hi Ladies! 

I do the shred.  4 weekdays and once on the weekend.  With really long days at work and things to do at home, I do have the internal debate on my drive home.

Actually reminding myself that it is only 20 mins and I feel so good about it afterwards helps.  Also….. my mantra, “just imagine how you will look in your dress….”  really really helps!

I’m in my 3rd month so far and I feel really great. 

WE CAN DO IT LADIES!

Post # 11
1237 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

@tetorger: That stinks!! You didn’t break your toe shredding, did you?? I would totally do something like that..

Post # 12
548 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Yay, I just shredded! Day 2 of Level 1! Even though I was sore today, it was noticeably easier than yesterday. Yay for progress!

I got my little sister (who HATES working out) to join in too ๐Ÿ™‚ She kind of hates me now.

Post # 13
929 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

@HoyaLawya2010: I found the progress to be super noticable in Level 2.  The first two times i did it i was DRENCHED in sweat and couldn’t do half the moves.  But it works if you work it…and the feeling of accomplishment when you can do the whole thing and not be a hobbling mess the next day is great!  Something to look forward to…………now if only i could get back on the bandwagon. 

Post # 14
111 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I just started today! It KILLLLLLED my quads, I almost felt  like crying a couple times ๐Ÿ™ AND the bicycle sit up things—um, impossible! Hopefully my form will improve in the next couple days! Good luck everyone ๐Ÿ˜€

Post # 16
548 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

@ScarletBegonia: That is awesome! I think most people do 10 days on each level, right? After tonight I was wondering if I might progress to Level 2 a little sooner than that but maybe do beginner modifications, but if it is that much harder maybe I shouldn’t get ahead of myself. Do you think the ab sections get a little more challenging? I have a pretty strong core from doing Pilates semi-regularly so I’m not getting a lot out of the Level 1 abs.

But holy cow the squats and lunges! And the arms! I have really been neglecting strength training for the last few ummm years and this is definitely going to whip me back into shape.

The topic ‘30 day Shred Accountability Project’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors