250 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

What is a 30 day shred?

Post # 3
2571 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2017

Yea!! I’ve got 32 days until my wedding so this is perfect timing. Which program did you start? I’ll do it tonight and just be a day behind.

Post # 4
251 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
happyme123 :  It’s a Jillian Michaels workout DVD. It’s a 30 day long workout program with 3 levels. So you do each levels for ten days at a time. It’s a pretty decent workout.

Post # 5
1959 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
sarahparkview :  There’s another thread going about this that’s relatively recent (maybe 2 months old now). A bunch of us did the shred and completed it πŸ˜€ The thread is starting to slow down, so good idea starting a new one! We had a spreadsheet going to track progress and everything hahah.

I LOVED the 30 Day Shred. It was absolutely awesome and I got some amazing results. Your abs definitely get a great workout, especially in levels 2 (hello planking!) and 3.

I found it really easy to stay motivated during it because the work outs are high intensity but short (25 minutes or so), so it was always easy to find time for it without excuses!

If you’re curious about whether or not it works well, you can see pictures I posted of my results here:

http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/30-day-shred-anyone-want-to-join/page/14

Good luck everyone πŸ˜€

Post # 6
423 posts
Helper bee

I’d love to join! About 10 years ago I did the 30 day shred while I was on my way to losing 115 pounds. Saw this thread and realized I still have the DVD.  I kept it off for a decade, but just had a baby. I’m almost 8 weeks post partum and would love to lose 15lbs. I’m not sure I’ll be able to do it every single day, due to this adorable but needy little boy, but I’ll definitely try and happily cheer others along πŸ™‚

Post # 7
251 posts
Helper bee

Just an FYI for those of you interested in trying the 30 day shred, the first two levels are on youtube, so you can try it out before spending money on the DVD! (I’m pretty sure the DVDs are super cheap, but hey, why waste $10 if you don’t have to haha).

Post # 8
250 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

View original reply
courtja :  Thank you!!

Post # 10
1959 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
sarahparkview :  Hahah we just had a google doc! It made it easier to track everything. Everyone could go in and update where they were at! One bee actually made a calendar view on the spreadsheet, it was intense, but it really helped!

I actually didn’t change my diet! The only thing I really did was to be a little bit more aware of my portion sizes as well as snacking in the evening. I’m terrible with snacking before bed!

I’m sure my results would have been way better if I put more effort into my diet. As Jillian says, “you can eat your way through any workout” – there’s no diet plan for the 30DS, but there is one for Ripped in 30 so you could always just follow that one!

I didn’t really do any other exercise during the shred either – I hopped on my elliptical a few times, but that didn’t last very long hahah.

Now I’ve moved on to Ripped in 30 – I’m actually on week 2 of that one now πŸ˜€

Post # 11
850 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
sarahparkview :  I need to hop back on. I completed Level 1 and started Level 2 and then I fell off the wagon (I was part of the original post that you referred to). I just want to tone my tummy and lose a little fluff around the middle πŸ™‚ I’d love to join in.

Post # 13
3443 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2017 - Poppy Ridge Golf Course

I’d like to join! πŸ˜„ Hoping this thread will help keep me motivated. Edit: Never mind the question, it was answered above. 

Post # 14
418 posts
Helper bee

I’d love to join if it’s not too late? I just started today.

The topic ‘30 Day Shred Anyone?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors