30 day shred – anyone want to join?

posted 3 years ago in Fitness
Post # 91
1509 posts
Bumble bee

wannabmrsp :  Aww that’s so sweet of you to say! Posting here frequently is keeping me motivated, and I’m just always secretly hoping that if I keep talking about it, maybe I’ll help keep someone else motivated too πŸ˜€ Good job for sticking with it! Wedding planning definitely gets overwhelming, but channel your frustration into some shredding! hahah

Post # 92
1509 posts
Bumble bee

I did Day 6 today! Didn’t add on elliptical, but I feel like I pushed extra hard with Day 6 to make up for it. Was squatting a bit lower, pushing harder on the weight lifts! Wooo! Darling Husband went on the elliptical at the same time – happy that I’m managing to motivate him to work out, too! πŸ˜€

Post # 93
629 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

REST DAY, YAYYYYYY!!!tongue-out OMG day 6 was death for me; my quads were absolutely burrrrrning! But I powered through (with the extra motivation from Fiance, who has also completed Day 6 with me!), and took advantage of that hot bath you’ve all been recommending aftersmilesmile

I feel like this would be the day I would be throwing the towel in if I wasn’t doing 3 days on/1 day off, lol… but we’re going to do a guided stretch I found on YouTube tonight, and take the pups on a (very cold Canadian) walk when we get home to get my Fitbit steps in (booooo desk jobs)

How’s everyone else doing today?

KEEP ON KEEPIN’ ON, LADIES!!!

Post # 94
1509 posts
Bumble bee

wannabmrsp :  YESSS good job! πŸ˜€ I’m in Canada too! Getting a nice Canadian winter storm where you are? Driving in to work today was awful! 

I’m actually not going to take a rest day today – going to power through until Saturday, because we have some friends coming over Friday night for a musical jam session, and I know I’ll be in rough shape Saturday!

So it’s Day 7 for me tonight! I’m looking forward to doing it again, although I have to say my arms and shoulders are exhausted. I feel like my leg strength has totally improved, but every time I do the workout I feel like my arms are going to fall off! Gotta keep powering through though – I need to be ready for level 2. From what I’ve read online, sounds like level 2 is THE WORST.

I lost 3lbs so far!

Post # 95
1509 posts
Bumble bee

Day 7 done! πŸ˜€ Followed it up with 12 minutes on the elliptical. Super tired today so I felt like I was going to die after the 12 minutes so I stopped it there!

Post # 96
411 posts
Helper bee

ana2017 :  

After I finished the 30 days I went to 2-a-days, doing level 2 in the morning and level 3 in the afternoon.

Also, up your weights. The girls in the videos use embarrassingly tiny little dumbbells. I used 10 or 15 pounders, depending on the move, there’s a lot of reps, so wouldn’t go too much heavier, unless you are mad strong (go you!!). Stepping up your weight will make things more difficult and will better tone your arms.

Post # 97
411 posts
Helper bee

hopfenn :  level 2 is the worst :s my opinion at least.

But hey, you can look forward to the switch to level 3!

Post # 98
1509 posts
Bumble bee

ElectroFish :  That’s what I’ve read online! I’m a bit nervous for it, but the harder it is, the more good it’s doing to my body, so I’ll power through! πŸ˜€

Post # 100
6657 posts
Bee Keeper

Day 6 + 17,258 steps and 40 flights of stairs per the fitbit. Tired!!! I’ll rest tomorrow, at least from the Shred. Thank you to all of you for helping me to stay on course!!

Post # 101
1119 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2017

Day 6 Done! I couldn’t get myself out of bed early this morning I was so tired so I did it tonight. 

Post # 102
1509 posts
Bumble bee

beethree :  Awesome job! That’s a LOT of steps and stairs. I’m also really looking forward to a rest day – my shoulders and glutes feel like they need it!

kelmpm7809 :  Nice! πŸ˜€ Yeah I thought that I’d be getting up earlier to do it, but somehow managed to stay consistent with doing it in the evening! We get home, walk the pooches, and then I shred while Darling Husband warms up dinner. I’m thankful it’s worked out, because getting up early is the woooorst hahaha. 

More than halfway done level 1 now! πŸ˜€

Post # 103
1509 posts
Bumble bee

Guys – I just watched level 2, just to see what’s coming down the pipe. I’m VERY afraid, but also a bit excited! Jillian goes all mega bitch in level 2, but it’s entertaining! I do like her a lot, I find her very motivating and encouraging to continue even when you feel like you’re about to die, although I’d be afraid to face her in person hahah.

She does say, and I quote, “I want you gargling your heart,” so we’ll see how that goes! πŸ˜› Can’t wait!

Post # 104
1119 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2017

hopfenn :  I think that’s what I’m going to start doing. I worked out harder last night than I have in the morning; so day 7 will be tonight, but I’m going to the mountains friday-monday so I will have to work out friday morning before we leave and monday night. Taking a 2 day break because there is no way I can do it in the hotel room and go snowboarding all weekend haha 

Post # 105
1509 posts
Bumble bee

kelmpm7809 :  Hahah yeah I think that’s totally valid! Snowboarding is also a really good workout so you’ll still be benefiting! Just have to make sure to jump right back into the shred when you get back πŸ˜€ I’ll be here, posting frequently to make sure we’re all on top of this! πŸ˜€ heheh

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors