(Closed) 30 Day Shred CHECK IN!

posted 7 years ago in Fitness
Post # 47
1105 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Day 8 done, I also went for a 20 – 30 minute run this morning (I didn’t time it). 

Is anyone else falling asleep really early?? I can’t seem to stay awake much past 8pm since I’ve been exercising every day.

I took another look in the mirror, I think I’m bloated because I look the same as always. I got a little depressed. I refuse to measure until 30 days is over. Also, while Level 1 is nothing scary now .. I still find it quite a workout and sweat buckets after every session. Plus, I STILL can’t do push-ups… then again I’ve never been able to. 

Post # 48
2869 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I have a tip for anyone who is having problems with full push ups (I couldn’t do them either until I turned 30 and started using heavier weights, etc).  My guess is you can do half a push up from the floor and get to the top but that you have a little more trouble lowering yourself and raising yourself back up again. When you get to the top, stay there for a few seconds. Your arms will start to shake a bit but you will build up strength pretty quickly. Once you can do one or two, you can usually build up to a few more each day.

Post # 49
26 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2014

I’ve just started doing the 30DS and want to use it as a workout between the BMF sessions I go to three times a week to help speed up toning and weight loss. Do you think this will work? I’m too tired to do the 30DS after an hour of running, burpees, press ups, sit ups, etc! 

Post # 50
1105 posts
Bumble bee

I think as long as you get some decent exercise at least 5 days in the week, and watch what you eat, that it should be enough. If you’ve already done an hour of running and exercises… do not do the 30DS as well! That is insane. 

Post # 51
2869 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
@amyinbrisbane:  I am starting level 2on tuesday. How are the hand weight exercises? Are they tougher?

Post # 52
396 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

View original reply
@nycsa:  I don’t find them a ton harder, it’s the cardio part that gets to me! They are definitely a more difficult than level 1’s excercises but I felt “ready” for them after doing level 1. 

Post # 53
2869 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
@MmeVT:  I was really suprised at how quickly I built up endurance (especially with the cardio) between days 1 and 9 – her system must work

Post # 54
1105 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@nycsa:  I am not sure as I do not start Level 2 until Wednesday… not looking forward to it!

Post # 55
933 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

I have done it 3 days in a row! Woot. Go me. Usually I use it as an in between workout when I don’t go to the gym, but I think I shall continue on every day even if I do go to the gym. 

Post # 56
552 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

I haven’t been the greatest about doing this every day. I think it would help my motivation/boredom if I did it every other day (for example, every few days I skip 2 days). 

BUT, I have lost 2 pounds. And I feel leaner in my legs, and slightly in my tummy area.

I saw a friend after a month and she told me I had definitely lost weight. My SO also said my back/overall had lost weight/fat.

These comments definitely help me keep going. I may not have done the program perfectly (taken two months to finish and skipped days in between) but I am going to try to keep going and do the whole thing!

I am EXHAUSTED from life today but hopefully I will do day 9 of level 2 before bed! πŸ™‚ 

Post # 57
1105 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@Firework:  keep it up πŸ™‚ it’s so good when people notice your efforts!! I can’t wait for that moment when someone says ‘have you been working out??’… day 8 and nothing yet lol… gotta keep telling myself that all this sweating is surely doing something. 

Post # 58
1105 posts
Bumble bee

Sorry for posting twice in a row, just had to celebrate the fact that I’ve now done this for 9 days in a row πŸ˜‰ Tomorrow is my last day of Level 1! I feel really proud that I’ve stuck it out so far. 

Tomorrow I can say ‘I have completed 1/3 of the 30DS’ and start calling it the 20DS… πŸ˜›

Post # 59
41 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2012

So I did my first day of the shred today and omg I thought I was going to puke and die. I had to pause it a few times and I walked in place then started it up again. I have a few questions for all you need that have been doing it a while now.

1. Does it get easier? Please tell me yes!

2. What sneakers do you wear? I  need better shoes for this. I am overweight, but my feet were killing me. I think if I had more supportive sneakers it would be better. Any suggestions??

i am def going to use this boarby for support because I need it!!

Post # 61
2693 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2008

In addition to the 30DS, I’m planning on running a 5K in mid-May.  I started the shred because I feel like a) the circuit training burns more calories/builds more muscle mass than running intervals will C25K and b) I want to be more toned in places other than my legs.

If you are doing the 30DS and also trying to run, have you found that the 30DS has helped your running stamina because of the cardiovascular aspects of the shred?  I worry because I honestly feel like the 30DS is a better workout, so I haven’t been running.  I’ve figured that if I get in a good 10-14 days of the shred, I can start switching off between running and shredding and by that time I”ll be able to run farther.  Am I wrong?  Any experience?

The topic ‘30 Day Shred CHECK IN!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors