(Closed) 30 Day Shred – February 2010

posted 8 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
2000 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2010

I just started too! You’re right, lots of people have just started. I finished day 2 of Level 1 yesterday! I was going to do it this morning but I am soooo sore! Man, that stuff really gets you going! I didn’t think I was going to be so sore, but my goodness! This morning I just did sit ups because I don’t think I’m going to be able to do the shred until tonight.

I’m trying to watch what I’m eating but some foods are still so good! My thought is, if I’m staying at the same weight with me eating the foods I am…then I should be able to work out & lose some weight…hopefully. But, I’m not following that completely. I’m trying my hardest to eat “healthier”. I want to be toned for my wedding next month & for my honeymoon!!!

Post # 4
5263 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2012

I’ll jump on board! I think it’s a great idea to have one centralized post where we can talk, I’ve noticed it gets a bit spread out over other topics. 

I’m on day 17 of the Shred, and still at Level 2. I missed my first day of it since beginning last night, but I did ride for an hour and do some cardio later. Today I’ll be back at it!

Post # 6
3125 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2009

I’m with you ladies! though i had to take a break from it – but i’m back on the saddle tonight!

Post # 7
2000 posts
Buzzing bee

Haha yes @eriqua, something has GOT to happen…or hell it better! 🙂 I hate being sore but OHH I loveeeeeeeee to know that I worked!

Post # 8
7152 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2010

What is this “shred” that everyone is speaking of?

Post # 9
5263 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2012

@PrincssDva – the 30 Day Shred, a 20 minute workout video with Jillian Michaels from the Biggest Loser. It’s great! 

Post # 10
84 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

I am waiting for it to arrive – starting it on Sunday!

Post # 11
2214 posts
Buzzing bee

I’m on Level 2.  No idea what day I’m on because I don’t do the shred everyday.  I’m doing it 4-5 times a week and I’m also doing the c25k, so that takes up my other days.  Sometimes I do them both on the same day. I’ve been doing my routine for almost 4 weeks now. Between running and the shred, I’ve definitely noticed a difference in how toned I am.  I’m also dieting and have lost a few pounds as well.  I tried the Shred November of last year without dieting or running, and I did get stronger and my arms got toned, but I didn’t lose any weight.  I definitely think some sort of diet is needed to see a change on the scale with the shred.  Happy shredding everyone!

Post # 12
193 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

I am on a 30 day shred strike. Wish I could join. I loved it, was really feeling the workout. That was until an injury from the Shredder. Good luck girls.

Post # 13
13 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2010

Agree with Boston Bee on the dieting thing to loose weight. The shred is awesome to tone…I’m a big foodie by the way, so just simple things like cutting out the snapples and cokes I drank every day, switching from maple brown sugar oatmeal to regular, eating a bit healthier, and cutting down on the drinking, has already dropped me a few pounds.

FYI, if you need a change in the Shred routine, there are FREE exercise shows on Comcast (on demand) including other Jillian Michaels stuff. There are also some good kickboxing/cardio workouts by Jeanette Jenkins on there that I like.

Post # 14
2463 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

i keep seeing everyone’s posts about the shred, i think i’m going to go to borders during lunch today and buy it (yay 33% off coupon!). i’ve started going to the gym almost every day about 2 1/2 weeks ago, and i can see a little difference so, but not much yet, so maybe mixing in the dvd will help! 

Post # 15
1135 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2009

I finished Day 3 last night on level 1!  I love it!  Though, after the first night, i started muting the TV and listening to my Pandora station which I created to play Broadway/The Beatles/Disney Movie Soundtracks.  Best station ever.  Makes it easier to get through for me.  Anyone notice that the girl on the left sometimes thinks the camera isn’t on her, so she stops doing whatever the move is?  Gave me a good giggle.  🙂

Post # 16
2000 posts
Buzzing bee

Haha @mrs: I did notice that the last time! They were all supposed to be squatting down doing some type of exercise, and she stopped for a minute and just stayed squatted with her legs bent, without doing the exercise! Haha, I thought that was funny!

The topic ‘30 Day Shred – February 2010’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors