(Closed) 30 Day Shred Fitness DVD?

posted 6 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
3624 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I have it. I haven’t done it lately but I was really sore for a few days after each time I did it!

Post # 5
1116 posts
Bumble bee

I did it for 60 days straight.  I was religious about it and it was a total FAIL.  I liked it b/c it was quick and in home.. but after 60 straight days (even on the weekends!!!) and no results I signed up for a gym.  I did notice that the workouts  got “easier” for me so I was in better shape but I didn’t lose inches or weight from what I could see…. I sure hope you get better results.  I know lots of others got good results.  Sad face for me, but I got results at the gym so I guess it all worked out in the end anyway 🙂

Post # 6
1416 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

@sn2bmrsmntgmry:  I had a similar experience. I did the 30 days straight and definitely gained muscle and felt stronger, but didn’t see much in terms of fat loss. It did make me feel strong enough to tackle harder workouts that scared me earlier, which is good overall, but in terms of losing fat quickly for the wedding, it was a waste of my time, lol

Post # 7
2363 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013 - B&B

I had that DVD and was trying it out summer 2011, but then I lost it after about two weeks. I guess that’s not such a bad thing according to PP’s!! I sorta wish I had it again just to get into “pre-shape” for Insanity (O_O), my Fiance and I are going to start doing that one together, probably somewhere in Jan or Feb. I’ll have to rely on my pinterest fitness board haha.

Post # 8
182 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

I did that video and I had success. After two weeks I lost inches…but then I stopped b/c of the holidays last year and put it back on.

I really liked 30 day shred, I was SUPER sore afterward for the first couple of days (I suggest doing it two days, resting, two more, etc…)

Another thing with that particular video, watch your knees! Some of those excercises are tough on them if you’re not standing right, so just be aware of that!

PS, when it gets really hard pretend you’re punching Jillian in the face, it helps, LOL!!

Post # 9
408 posts
Helper bee

I’ve tried it a few different times, and always saw results (especially in my endurance and pushups), but was never able to stick with it for more than a few weeks at a time.

Post # 10
1548 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I was doing it for a few weeks and actually felt myself getting stronger – I could do more pushups and the weight excersises were getting easier, but then my dog ate the DVD 🙁

Post # 11
3126 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

@xlsm:  I pretend to punch Jillian too! :):) 

I saw insane results when I did it before my wedding. The key is you also have to watch what you are eating too- if you continue to eat a lot of crap food, you won’t see any results because all of your new muscle will still burried.

I only did 30DS a few times a week and went for a 20 minute walk a couple of times a week but there was a noticeable difference- especially in my abs! My insanely inshape military police friend was asking ME for tips on how to get my awesome ab muscles!!!

Hope I can recreate them in time for this summer.

Post # 12
4047 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

I love 30DS! I did the program and saw great results. I didn’t lose any weight, but I sure toned up. Tons of people even noticed that I was looking pretty buff. It also taught me some good techniques and exercises I could just do on my own when needed. I’d really like to go through it again and do all the more challenging moves. Maybe in the new year!

And yeah, Jillian is totally motivating. I just imagined her screaming at me like Biggest Loser, and I pushed through!

Post # 13
97 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I really like that DVD, I’ve had it for a couple years now and it seems to be my go to workout. I did it religously for 15 days straight and lost 5 pounds, I’m pretty thin and it worked somewhat for me. I do it now a few times a week just because I can’t find the time to do it everyday. Good DVD though!! I’m getting ready to try another one from her, can’t wait to see if it works!

Post # 15
1432 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

OMG I just started level three last night and my abs are soo sore, which is awesome because it means she’s still challenging me.  Holy crap – is she ever!

The topic ‘30 Day Shred Fitness DVD?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors