(Closed) 30 Day Shred just kicked my butt! Wanna join me an cheer each other on?

posted 8 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
5263 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2012

Well, I’m not getting married for quite some time, but I’m on my fourth day of the Shred, and being accountable for it is always nice and motivating.

Post # 4
732 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I started “shredding” 2 weeks ago and I’ve only missed one day since I began. I hate her! When I see her on tv, I feel like she is stalking me.. she totally destroys me. After my first day, I was sore like I never imagined I could be.. I had to walk sideways down stairs and hold on the the railing- one stair at a time. It was like I was old or something! But I am definitely noticing a difference in my endurance and sometimes I feel stronger..

sometimes.

I’m waiting to move to Level 2 when I can get through all of Level one with no breaks and no slacking. I’m almost there I think!

Post # 6
501 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I also just started it today after seeing your post (thanks!). I am SO sore right now. I am going to do it for the full 30 days if I can..and hopefully even longer as I am not getting married until August! Keep it up!

Post # 7
5263 posts
Bee Keeper

I can actually see some more arm muscle already. I went from zero weight lifting to doing the Shred with 8 pounders, which is torturous, but they’re all I have. Oh well! As long as you do the moves correctly, it doesn’t hurt anything. 

I can tell my ab muscles are more defined. Unfortunately, they’re hiding behind a little pudge, so my stomach feels a bit bigger. But that’s the point of the Shred, you get toned and then started losing the weight. And I’ve been back to eating healthy after my bout of bad girl eating over the holidays, so that should help. 

Not nearly as sore afterwards anymore! After the first day I had a hard time walking up stairs. It was soooo painful!

Post # 9
5263 posts
Bee Keeper

Take a hot bath, it helps!

Post # 10
34 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2009

Hawaii sounds sooo nice right now!  Once you get used to 30 Day Shred, try The Biggest Loser’s Last Chance Workout… it will kill ya!  It reminds me a lot of the Shred, but a bit longer… and it works more muscle groups in one sitting.  I’ve also been doing Biggest Loser’s Weight Loss Yoga on my “off” days when I also run.  Good luck and keep going!

Post # 11
292 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

I wanna join!!! I love things that are merciless, hahaha.

What equipment do I need? Just weights? How heavy? Do I need one of those giant ball thingies?

I’m going to go buy that DVD tomorrow Smile

Thanks for the inspiration, ladies!

Post # 12
5263 posts
Bee Keeper

No ball, just little weights (3-10 lbs, depending on how strong you are already) and a yoga mat if you’re on a hard surface. You can buy it on iTunes, too, I think!

Post # 13
292 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

Thanks, lilyfaith! I’m going to start tomorrow. Its nice to have others for support. I’m more likely to do it then, hahaha.

Post # 14
269 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

Today will be day 4 for me- I’m already noticing a little more bicep muscle, along with improved stamina. So Jillian definitely helps to build muscle, which is good because the more muscle you have, the more power you have when you exercise (more leg muscle to do more effective squats, etc.).

Post # 16
1347 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I got mine today too, but it’s too late to start… I live in an apartment and don’t want to be doing jumping jacks on my neighbors’ heads!

The topic ‘30 Day Shred just kicked my butt! Wanna join me an cheer each other on?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors