(Closed) 30 day shred-level two

posted 9 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
165 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

Can I ask, are you to do this everyday or a couple days a week? I am already in somewhat good shape, but we all have THOSE certain areas and for as long as I have worked out as much as I do, lets just say over 10 years, I am getting slightly bored. Hence the reason I bought the DVD. But due to time and energy levels, the dvd is still sitting there staring at me. I am just hearing so many good things about it but just was not sure how often am I to do. That is awesome you feel that way after 11 days! I really just want to focus on the belly through the thighs, that awful area.

Post # 4
327 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2000

I’m using that DVD too. My fiance is doing a triathlon, so now it’s up to me to get back in shape since I haven’t done much except work and manage a long distance relationship in the last year. I was amazed at how hard of a workout they put into 20 minutes. I’m using it about every other day and supplementing with running and biking. I have a friend who used it about 5/7 days and lost 7 pounds in 10 days and was a lot more buff.

Post # 5
735 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2009

It totally worked for me. I used right before my wedding and my arms were great! Couldn’t drop those last 5 pounds but then again.. I found out I was pregnant after the honeymoon πŸ™‚

Post # 6
317 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Im using the dvd. But Im on the first level. I do it every other day. But Im seeing results already.

Post # 8
226 posts
Helper bee

i need help with jelly belly, thick thighs and chunky calves. hopefully, with 28 days to the wedding, doing this every other day would help 😐

Post # 9
87 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

I do it as a supplement to my normal gym workout, it is a great and efficient full body workout with cardio included. I don’t think that just doing that 20 minutes a day will get you ripped to be honest. I think the weights are too light (I alternate 5lbs and 10lbs depending on the exercise, Jillian is using 3lbs in the video) and the time is just too short. It all depends on your goals, but mine is to have  Angela Basset/Madonna arms by the wedding and even with 10 lb weights I don’t think the 30 day shred ALONE would cut it. Use it like every other workout or in the morning then do something else in the afternoon or evening.

I just do it free on comcast on demand I really want to move up to level 3 but they don’t offer it, maybe after the wedding I will pony up for the DVD. I bought it for a friend but I don’t even have a copy how sad! 

Post # 10
165 posts
Blushing bee

Ticachica, you can get ripped arms like that a couple ways. If you want mass your going to need to up your weight or you can get cut, doing lots of reps with lower weight but it all depends on diet too. Good luck! I love Angela Bassett! I use to train heavy but now I train lighter with higher reps and more cardio, cleaned up my diet and my arms are in great shape and I love it. Get lots of compliments all the time. But like you said, it is definetly a great supplement to your regular workout. I do it for that and bc I am bored right now with my routine and when your bored, your body will plateau! Gotta shake things up!

Post # 11
49 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2009

I am on day 2 of level 2 of the Shred and I feel great. I did level one for two weeks before I moved into level two. That worked really well for me because without all of those push ups I don’t know that I would have been ready for all of the planks.

πŸ™‚

Post # 12
1078 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2009

I’ve been at level 2 for almost 2 weeks….and it STILL kicks my butt! I’m trying to follow the harder steps demonstrated by Natalie….she is one trim girl!

Post # 13
133 posts
Blushing bee

I just started level 2 this week and WOW it’s tough, but at least it didn’t make me miserably sore like I was after starting level 1!

Post # 14
49 posts
Newbee

Everyone still hanging in there with Level 2?  Anyone move up to Level 3 yet?  I’m too scared to go to 3. 

And now that I’m into week two of doing level 2, I still am sore. 

Post # 15
937 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

Oh my gosh, I just got my DVD today and did level one for the first time. I thought I was going to die. During the last bicycle exercises, I just kind of laid there panting on the floor and waved my leg up feebly in the air. That counts right?

How long were you on level one before moving to two??

Post # 16
49 posts
Newbee

hcritton- I did level one for two weeks before I moved onto level 2.  I still struggle when I try to keep up with Natalie on level two but it feels SOOO good afterwards and I am definitely noticing a difference.  

Keep up the good work!   

The topic ‘30 day shred-level two’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors