(Closed) 30 Day Shred September Buddies!

posted 9 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
1514 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

I’m all done with the wedding, but I need to lose the honeymoon weight and get back onto the fitness horse.  I’ll join!

Post # 4
355 posts
Helper bee

Count me in.  My goal is to reduce belly fat and tone up arms/thighs.  

Post # 5
112 posts
Blushing bee

I was doing really well with the Shred for a couple weeks… then fell off the wagon. Crap! lol! It’s so much easier to justify skipping exercise after a hard day at work. I’ve been thinking I should try a new routine and do the workout first thing in the morning… anybody’s thoughts? What time of day works best for you?

Oh, and my goal is 30 pounds by my 30th birthday! Four months to go… I’m hovering right around a 7-8 pound loss so far, so I really need to keep working. Consistency has always been my main battle!

Post # 6
984 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

I’m in, I fell off the wagon when I got sick on Saturday, still sick but I’d like to start up again tomorrow, maybe if I have someone to be accountable to I’ll be more likely to do it!!!

Post # 8
108 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Hi Ladies!

Can you tell me a little about the “30 day shred” what does it consist of, where do I order it from, cost etc. I need to stop procrastinating and get busy if I am going to tone up and lose 20 pounds before my May wedding! Thank you!

Post # 9
14186 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

I’m not on Shred, but I’m on the EJS “one month to lose it” plan. I’m totally in hyperdrive right now, just like I was pre-wedding!

I want to get back down to 160-165 lbs, 22% body fat, and lose some of my muffin top that is super squishy right now. I also want to make it through an entire abs class without taking a break. I’m so not there yet!

Post # 10
984 posts
Busy bee

I did it today! I couldn’t breath in parts (because I’m so stuffed up still) but I finished it all and feel great about getting back on the wagon! Yay for accountability!

@wennies3- the shred can be bought almost anywhere but I think amazon.com has the best price for it, you also need hand weights (whatever weight you’re comfortable with, my suggestion is to start small and work your way up) and a mat if you are working out on a hard surface. It consists of 3 workout levels starting with the lowest at 1, each level is then broken up into 3 circuts, each circut is 6 minutes long and consists of 3 minutes of strength training, 2 minutes of cardio and 1 minute of abs. It’s designed to be used for 30 days to get you in shape, I think 10 days at level 1, 10 days at level 2 and 10 days at level 3, but since my wedding isn’t until April I’m mixing the shred with EA Sports Active. However, I think I’m going to try to get through an entire month of the shred just to see how I look and feel at the end of it.

Post # 11
171 posts
Blushing bee

just finished day 1! what a great workout. i started on level 2 . 

does anyone know of a good diet plan that will compliment this workout plan?

I am currently at 170lbs and I want to lose at least 30lbs by Oct 2010, i need major motivation help 🙁

I had knee surgery about a year ago and I gained about 40lbs after that. I just want to get back to my healthy weight and I feel like it will never happen. I like to eat and drink and hang out with friends, but I know I need to buckle down and do this!

Post # 12
108 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Thank you Futuremrstal,

That helps alot. I looked on Amazon, there were about 3 with the same name…is this the right one?

Post # 13
984 posts
Busy bee

@jm-So far my diet has consisted of cutting out all junk food and bulking up on the protein. I don’t go through fast food if I do have to grab food on the run, I grab a six inch from subway. If I want something sweet I have the Edy’s all natural strawberry pops, salty I go for the mini-bags of popcorn. I just watch what I’m eating and try to limit my portions. I don’t know if this helps at all 🙁

Post # 14
153 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

I am going to join this Shred group!  I have 31 days until my wedding.  My goal is not necesarily to lose weight, but more to not gain weight and also get my butt out of bed and Shred every morning.  I am level 2.  I get really bored easily , so I am thinking of muting Jillian and playing my own music!

@jm1773.  That has got to be SOOO frustrating to gain weight because of surgery, but I know you can lose it. YOU CAN DO IT!  I know it!

People say swimming is really good after knee surgery. 

So the best way to lose weight is to cut calories and excercise….and it totally sucks. The cutting calories more than the exercise

I go through phases of cutting out soda of my diet completely and trying to drink water instead (I still drink coffee though).  It really helps cut empty calories, AND it helps me feel better during my workouts.  Perrier is also a good replacement for soda if you like the bubbles!

There is a cool program called Sparkpeople.com.  It is social networking but they also have a very good calorie counter and it has many brand name things in there.  People can enter calories, so you have to be careful that they did it correctly but usually it is close enough to being right.  They have suggested meal plans but I basically ignore those and just type in what I eat and count the calories. 

Post # 15
171 posts
Blushing bee

why aren’t my posts showing up? i replied to the board after coloradobride and its gone now….weird!

it happened on another thread too…

Post # 16
2022 posts
Buzzing bee

I have been doing the shred for a little over a week and already see results.  Just doing level one every morning or night…and if I have time I’ll tack on a few minutes of level 2 to make it a 30 minute workout.  I missed a few days, but that’s ok.

Tomorrow will start level 2…then my goal for the last week before I head out of town before my wedding is to do levels 1 and 2 together every day.  phew!

The topic ‘30 Day Shred September Buddies!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors