(Closed) 30 Day Shred… Thoughts

posted 8 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
536 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

I have 30DS and I like it but I feel like a 30 minute workout isn’t always enough.  I ordred Rev Abs from the new trainer on the Biggest Loser. It is a full body workout that concentrates on the core.

I’ll let you know how it is when I start the program.

Post # 4
2239 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

To be honest, cardio will help your abs way more than any ab exercises. My fiance is a part time fitness instructor/personal trainer and when people ask him how to get abs he always tells them “treadmill”. Doesn’t matter how much ab exercises you do if there’s a layer of fat on top of them. 

I’ve done the 30 day shred, but not all at one time. i don’t think it’s good for you to do one repetitive workout every day for ten days. I use it every once in a while when I really dont have time for a long workout. 

Post # 6
2239 posts
Buzzing bee

@MsBrooklynA: I listen to his advice most of the time, but sometimes it sucks because I think he’s harder on me than he is anyone else. I usually run three or four times a week or do intervals on the treadmill. I’ve read that intervals are better because you burn calories longer than you would if you just ran at the same speed for 30 minutes. 

Also, we do P90x (he does it every day) and I really enjoy Kenpo X and the ab ripper workouts! 

Oh yeah and another thing for abs that my fiance is ALWAYS stressing is about diet. If you eat less salt and just eat really clean, that helps you lean out:)

Post # 8
10851 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

I totally agree with Kate169 and her SO, target exercise isn’t going to do much if there’s a layer of fat over it. I did the 30DS for about 3 months before the wedding and dropped at least a dress size, as well as a cup size (boo to that one!). I did each level for as long as I felt I was still getting a good work out with it, and then moved up (usually at least 2 weeks, I’m pretty pathetic). I did it about 3-4x per week, not every day. Some days I was just too sore to do it again and needed the bit of a breather. I found level 2 to be the hardest, level 3 not so bad. When I got sick of level 3, I switched it up and went back to levels 1 & 2 which I still found difficult. 

As far as not being bored, I would put it on my laptop, and then have the TV on so I could do it while watching shows. After you get to know the routines and the timings it’s not so bad.

Please please please do more stretching than she does at the end! I think the video is focussed so much on fitting into this time frame, that she really doesn’t do enough cool down/stretching. You’ll feel much better the next day if you stretch for a few more minutes on your own!

I haven’t worked out since the wedding (insert ashamed face here), but I plan on starting back up again. Just doing 30DS, eating relatively healthy (already do/did), and living my normal life made a big difference for me ๐Ÿ™‚ Good luck!

Post # 9
1013 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I did 30 day shred for a fill 30 days without missing a day. I did it before my trip to Jamaica. I did day 1 for 10 days day 2 for 10 days and day 3 for 10 days. I was already in good shape so I didnt loose any weight on it. I did feel tighterLaughing

Post # 10
3049 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: January 1991

I was so bored doing the video… same old same old every day. I stayed on the first level for ten days. Then did the second level for one day. That one got hard QUICK! I slacked off for a few days then never did it again. When I first started out I did it everyday after work (5 days in a row) and took the weekends off. You’re right, the ab workout was not all that great. My abs never hurt or were sore (like they normally are when I workout abs). But I can’t for sure tell you if it was a good workout because… I stopped after 2 or 3 weeks ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 11
9053 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2010

I have the 30 day shred video, and never did it every day.  I run 3x a week, and will sometimes do two videos on the off days.  I just never feel like 30 minutes is worth getting all sweaty for…

Post # 12
104 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I switch it up with No More Trouble Zones and Metabolism Boost as well as cardio. I would get really bored doing one video for ten days straight, variety is key.

Post # 13
Hostess
18641 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

I didn’t really like it, I like No More Trouble Zones a lot better.

Post # 14
373 posts
Helper bee

I totally agree with you on that. I don’t feel like there is enough abs. Not to say its not a great workout, but my fiance and I plan to get an exercise ball and do ab excersizes after 30DS for some extra umph! 

The topic ‘30 Day Shred… Thoughts’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors