(Closed) 30 Day Shred Users: how often are you doing ithow’s it going??

posted 9 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
1246 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

We’re doing it about 3x per week right now. Not sure about results — not weighing myself — but I definitely *feel* better and stronger. I’m also doing it with my Fiance, so it’s fun to bond over our mutual hatred of Jillian. ; )

Post # 4
1813 posts
Buzzing bee

we do 1-2x a week with other DVDs/walking/hiking mixed in…we exercise every other day

Post # 5
1379 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

I think Jillian is awesome. Totally agree with the awesomeness of the 20 minute work out format.  You get through it way faster then you think.

I think 3 times a week is good — I would push yourself to do level 2 and 3 sooner then you think you can — if only for variety so that you don’t get bored and give up on it.  Level 2 and 3 are definitely harder, but they’re good to do one time a week and then go back to level 1. As long as you are moving you are burning calories. 

Good luck!

Post # 6
1091 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2018 - Oakland Manor

well currently its still in the wrapper….but I’ll start tomorrow I pomise! you guys rule

Post # 7
241 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2009 - University of Michigan Union

We just got it today on Netfix to try it before buying it… I’m going to try to do this and some other fitness dvd’s at least 3 times a week!

Post # 8
241 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2009 - University of Michigan Union

Ok, finally tried it. I loved it, except I hate doing push ups, so that really turned me off. We have hardwood floors and even on the mat it was really hard on my knees!

I was really sore afterward, which is a good sign. 🙂 

Post # 9
34 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2008

LOVE the 30 Day Shred!  My Hubby and I have been doing it together 3xs a week.  20 mins makes it SO doable.  I sometimes follow it up with more cardio, and the other 2 weekdays I go to a step/strength class.  If you are looking to buy fitness videos you HAVE to try http://www.collagevideo.com/.  You can PREVIEW CLIPS, which really helps you choose what is best, and they will let you return anything you don’t like.  AWESOME COMPANY!

Post # 10
1246 posts
Bumble bee

We’ve kept it up now for at least 4 times a week for 3 weeks, and I’m already noticing muscles where muscles didn’t used to be. Love it.

Post # 11
37 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2009

An online friend sent me a copy and I’ve been scared to start..I’ve heard it’s hard!! But she noted that she’s lost 7 pounds in the past month and a half and now i’m thinking I can’t afford NOT to use it!! I can’t wait to start.

Post # 12
3 posts
Wannabee

I try to do it most days a week – usually about 5-6 days. I love level 1. Strength-wise, I’m able to move up to levels 2 and 3, but I don’t like the moves as much. Feels more complicated, not just more challenging, if that makes sense. So I usually do a normal gym work out, then come home and do the Shred. I’ve lost 6bls since starting on Jan 1 — and I’m definitely starting to develop "guns" for the first time ever! : )

Post # 13
72 posts
Worker bee

I did my first "shred" workout tonight!  It was hard but I was happy with how I felt afterwards.  What size hand weights are you guys using?

Post # 14
9 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2009

I absolutely love 30 Day Shred! I bought it a just over week ago and have been doing it pretty much every day – I skipped two days out of 8 just to give my body time to recover. I can honestly say I can already tell a difference, particularly in the core of my body. I don’t weigh so I can’t say if I’ve lost any but I feel stronger.

Post # 15
196 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2008 - Hotel on the westside of Los Angeles

I just ordered this and am excited to get started– what kind of weights did you use? 5 lbs? 10 lbs?

Post # 16
72 posts
Worker bee

I have been using the 3lb weights and it has been plenty for me!  However I would definitely like to progress as the weeks go by.

The topic ‘30 Day Shred Users: how often are you doing ithow’s it going??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors