(Closed) 30 day shred vx. P90X

posted 11 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
6593 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2010

I have now done both and I think for a long term plan p90x is better… but that is if you have the time! If you don’t have the time you won’t do it right?

The 30 shred I am 17 days in now gives excellent fast results especially in the arms! It works your muscles differently to p90x – in p90x they work you in the strength training range – in the sred they train you with endurance and if you are like me who hasn’t done a lot of endurance training you will see excellent muscle adaptations quickly (i started seeing changes within a week). I was also skeptical but it is a GREAT workout and I pant just as much during the shred as I do during plyometrics – it is a lot about how you push yourself!

Good Luck!

Post # 4
3226 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I haven’t done the Shred, but I want to..seems like everyone is doing it.

I tried P90X…but couldnt get throught the 90 days..i probaly did around 30? Lol.

PlyoX is KILLER!!!! And YogaX…dont’ get me started..that is crazy. I dont know how anyone can get through that!

Post # 5
6593 posts
Bee Keeper

Yoga is the WORST!!!!!!!!!!!! I have to push myself so hard to stick throught the whole hour and a half – brutal!!!!!

Post # 6
3226 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

props to you Future Mrs. Martin. I think the whole time I did P90x…I did YogaX maybe 2x???? lol. I hate those vinyasas…or whatever they’re called.

Post # 8
2856 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

I have done p90x for nearly two months but fell off the wagon when I got sick. That I believe is a great workout routine especially for the long run. I have to agree that Plyo was the worst for me… I LOVED Kenpo though!

Last week I started the 30 day shred. I was pleasantly surprised at how intense it really was and it worked me out. I think it is great for a quick shape up.

Post # 9
183 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I would never be able to stay on the P90X for 90 days straight!  Thats just me…but it looks amazing!  

Post # 10
235 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

I found with 30 day shred, after about a month my back/arms looked amazing and I started to see some ab definition.  I had been skeptical initally also, but I think it’s an extremely effective combination of moves. 

I haven’t tried P90X (I think it’s pretty expensive, and the shred was $8) but it has been my experience that any “routine” change can help a lot with weight loss because it jump starts you, so I would definitely give it a chance if you don’t have time for anything else.  It’s probably the most effective short term workout – it got me further than a year at the gym did, because I can’t force myself to do weight lifting. 

Post # 11
1732 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I’ve been doing P90x for about a month, but I have to admit it’s not everyday – but I am still seeing great results.  I was not a fan of 30DS.  I was super annoyed by Jillian and barely got through a week of level one.

Post # 12
1 posts
Wannabee

<span style=”font-family: verdana, geneva, lucida, ‘lucida grande’, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 1px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 1px;”>I just finished my first week of P90X! My body has never felt to strong in my life. I downloaded i90 Workbook from the App store on my iphone. I used to program to record my p90X workout stats and record my photos. I cant wait to see the difference in my body from my first week to my last week. I should finish just in time for the beach. Bring it!

Post # 13
6593 posts
Bee Keeper

@Mermaid – when I do the shred – I turn Jillian off – I play it on mute on my computer next to the TV and watch TV or music videos – she just doesn’t motivate me the way music can so I just use her as a guide!

Post # 14
81 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

I really want to do P90X…. just to get into shape. But it’s such a time commitment and I like watching TV while I’m working out.

Post # 15
955 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

How much does the 90X cost and what exactly does the program look like?? It sounds like it has been really effective for some people and I would love to learn more about it!

Post # 16
81 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

@ futuredrbraun

I’ve seen it adversited a lot on TV, I know it’s pretty expensive. But I hear it’s worth it!

The topic ‘30 day shred vx. P90X’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors