(Closed) 30 day shred- who's with me??!

posted 5 years ago in Fitness
Post # 2
2020 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2016

sparklejuice:  haha… you’re ridiculous ๐Ÿ™‚ Fatten up? Never heard of this tactic, but I guess it would be a good motivator. I freakin’ love Jillian. I don’t listen to her after the first couple times doing her routines though, I turn it down and my music up. If you’ve been working out or are in decent shape then I suggest heavier weights for some very visible results (5, 8, and 10lb weights). You will for sure tone up. I suggest her “Yoga meltdown” DVD or find it on Youtube. For days when you are sore but still want to work out, or you just need variety. It’s excellent for sculpting using just body weight. You might want to do measurments to give yourself an extra boost of motivation.

ETA: I’m currently doing her body revolution, it’s something like 90 days. I’m doing the workouts consistently but not eating from her meal plan so I’m getting the toning results I craved but not dropping pounds.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by  MstoMrsH.
Post # 3
1066 posts
Bumble bee

I’m sorta doing the 30 day shred right now! For the last two weeks I’ve been doing a shred video every other day and will go on a 30 min walk with the dog or do a pilates video on my ‘off’ days. I’ve been working out fairly consistently for a few months now (fewer reps with higher weight, very little cardio) so level one wasn’t killer but I did have to stop a few times to catch my breath a little. I moved up to level 2 after a week which has me drenched in sweat by the end (I HATE sweating but I guess it’s necessary to see results lol). I think I’ll try level 3 on saturday since I can now make it through level 2 without stopping and once I’ve got that one under control I’ll do a shred video everyday and rotate between the three levels. 

Even though I’m not doing it daily (yet) and have moved up pretty quickly I’ve definitely noticed I have more stamina and a feel a little stronger but no noticible weight loss yet (I really only have 5 maayybe 10 lbs to lose). I feel less bloated and I’m sleeping better so maybe at the month mark I’ll see some inches start moving. My goal is to lose 1.5 inches off my hips since that’s what I’ve gained at my desk job since my dress was ordered. At this point I can get it on but if I were to sit down or bend over I would definitely bust a seam. I’ve got about three more weeks till my first fitting and 7 weeks till the wedding so we’ll see how far I get!

Post # 4
864 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2015 - Carmen\'s Lakeview

sparklejuice:  I did the 30 day shred once and got amazing results.

I’m currently on level three, doing it the second time. ๐Ÿ™‚ I love jillian michaels, you always see results!

tumblr_mdyn52e8m01r3nixio1_500

Post # 5
4891 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

sparklejuice:  I’ve had the DVD for 5 years now, and still pop it in if I want a good full-body workout at home. I’ll admit though, I’ve always stayed at Level 1. I think I did Level 2 once, but felt that Level 1 was a lot harder and worked more of what I wanted.

I’ve never done it the whole 30 days though, but may challenge myself to incoporate it more into my normal gym workouts for a change – especially when this month I am focusing on getting back to running than just doing classes (CXWORX, Zumba, Barre). I can still get that ab workout in!

I definitely recommend it to others, though!

Post # 6
427 posts
Helper bee

I just started! I’m on day 5 today

Post # 8
187 posts
Blushing bee

sparklejuice:  I am on day 1 too!!!! I also bought it a few weeks ago and have a ceremony in July. Twins!! I hope I see results!

Post # 9
1066 posts
Bumble bee

sparklejuice:  That’s all those push-ups!! I do them on my knees and I definitely didn’t do as many as they did in the video-I go slow and and soon as it starts to burn in my chest I take a break. Same with those darn front arm raise things, they still kill me! IMO it’s pointless to push myself to where it hurts so bad the next day that I don’t want to do it again for multiple days. It makes more sense to me to be consistent and keep it slow and steady to work your way up to what they’re doing. It gets better and soon you’ll find you can do more, more often without feeling like you’ve been hit by a truck! 

Post # 10
347 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2015

I’ll take that challenge!!

Post # 12
Bee
382 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: Cottage on the Creek

I love 30 day shred but you def need to do it at least 3x a week consistently to see results, and move up and increase your weights when it gets easy! you can finish it in a month, then order ripped in 30 – my fave!

Post # 13
427 posts
Helper bee

push through the pain. I was super sore after the first day… Like every muscle ached. I’m doing day 6 today and the only time I fee the aches is when I start to workout. 

I am already noticing a difference. The cardio is easy, and for some of the weight work I could move up. I really struggle with the push ups, squat and press (the press part… My shoulders are weak apparently!) and the side squats with the lifts (again… My shoulders!). I’ve seen some improvement there already on 5 days. The first day I couldn’t get through half the first set of push ups. Now I can do the whole first set. I’ve also noticed some toning in my abs and arms already. 

Post # 15
2020 posts
Buzzing bee

MsElle:  Got it right! You gotta push through the pain!

sparklejuice:  Push through it and when you’re finished you could give killer buns and thighs, a try. Dramatically slimmed down my “saddlebags” plus it’s fun ๐Ÿ™‚ 

The topic ‘30 day shred- who's with me??!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors