(Closed) 30 Day Shredders

posted 5 years ago in Fitness
  • poll: Why are you looking to get into shape?
    For the upcoming spring and summer season : (57 votes)
    23 %
    For my wedding : (73 votes)
    30 %
    To be healthy : (77 votes)
    31 %
    I want to shape up before becoming pregnant : (25 votes)
    10 %
    I want to look good in my bridesmaid dress : (4 votes)
    2 %
    I have an event I want to look good for (such as a reunion) : (4 votes)
    2 %
    Other (tell us!) : (5 votes)
    2 %
  • Post # 3
    4371 posts
    Honey bee

i recently heard about the 30 day shred and i’m planning on doing it. i dont need to lose weight, but i’d love to look extra toned for the summer.

Post # 4
    696 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: January 2010

Ok. I’m in. Starting tomorrow!!!! You know me from waiting to ttc thread 🙂 I have about 1 month left of BC…so 30 day shred is perfect. I’ll let you know how I go! good luck! stay motivated!

Post # 5
    671 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

I started today and turned it off twice, sat on th couch for a  minute each time and then got back up and turned it on again. It’s easier to get through it then it is to live with the guilt of not being able to make it through a 30 minute workout 🙂 It’s hard, but totally worth it. I am going to do it again tomorrow and NOT turn it off Wink

I did it a few month before my wedding and it made a HUGE difference about how I felt and looked. I am not over weight and don’t actually want to lose weight but I would definetly like to tone–a lot!

OH! And if anyone wants to try it but doesn’t own the dvd it is available in full version on youtube 🙂

Good luck!

Post # 6
    Hostess
    3572 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

I’m in. I’m going to try to start tonight (Monday) although I probably have to work late and then go to the store. If not tonight, tomorrow morning. 

I’ve never done it, but have had it sitting on my computer for a few weeks now. 

I DO need to lose weight! Haha, although my daily activity is so limited, I’ve found that its nearly impossible to lose weight here. Still, its great to feel in shape, and building up muscle will make it so much easier to drop the fat when I finally get to leave! 

Post # 7
    64 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: September 2014

I’m starting today =) already taken my before pictures. I will be keeping a diary of how i feel and take pictures and measurements so i can keep track. i will be doing this with a healthy eating plan so i can loose a bit more weight than what you can just doing the  dvd. I can’t wait!

Post # 8
    1157 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2014

@NewfieBullet:  I just ordered it.  It appears to be something that I can do, with my crazy 14 hour a day schedule.  I will let you know how it goes.  I am wanting to lose some weight, so I feel better, and look good on my wedding day.

Post # 9
    411 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

Hey you guys!! Im in too. Starting today! I also have a friend doing it, so I thought it might be good to have two sources to keep me accountable! As a disclaimer, I don’t plan on doing 30DS every day, as I also walk/hike with my dog and go to an awesome body conditioning class. My goal is to do one if those things 5-6 days a week. I have taken some before photos (ugh). I’m not necessarily overweight but I would love to lose about 10 lbs and tone up before I get PG.

Let’s do this!!

Post # 10
    671 posts
    Busy bee

Day 2 was SOOOOOOOO much easier! YAY! What size weights do you girls use?

Post # 11
    362 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2014

I use 3 lbs, but to be honest my arms are suuuper weak so there are times where I drop the weights (I’m on Day 3 today). Looking forward to a few more days when I’ll keep the weights the entire time!

Post # 13
    671 posts
    Busy bee

Does anyone know the order of the dvd’s? I know the 30 day shred is one, and what are the other two? I heard there are three in the set??? And that you’re supposed to do each of the three for ten days?

Post # 15
    429 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2014

I think it’s worth mentioning, as in any fitness/weight loss thread, that you shouldn’t be getting too hung up on what the scale says you weigh.   If you’re trying to lose weight and you think you’re succeeding but the scale says you haven’t lost any… don’t worry, what you lost in fat you gained in muscle.

Post # 16
    1890 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

@Candace From BC:  I think you are confusing the 3-DVD set from Jillian with 30 Day Shred–the 3-DVD set includes Shred (which is actually 3 separate levels/workouts, with the idea being that you do each level 10 days before progressing to the next), Banish Fat Boost Metabolism (a 45-min long, cardio workout), and No More Trouble Zones (a 50-min strength/conditioning DVD).

You can definitely just do the 30 Day Shred, but even Jillian herself has stated that she did not create the videos with the intent of someone actually doing 10 days in a row of each level, followed by 10 days of the next, since your muscles will be sore and they need time to recover.  So you can alternate the Shred with other Jillian videos (Six Week Six Pack is great for abs/cardio, Ripped in 30 is similar to Shred but uses some different moves and has 4 levels instead of 3).

I am a diehard Jillian fan, but I have definitely realized that the best way to get in shape is to do any kind of strenuous exercise for at least 45 minutes 5-6 days/week, switch it up as much as you can, increase the time/weights as it gets too easy, and watch the diet. 

The topic ‘30 Day Shredders’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors