(Closed) 30 Day Walking Challenge

posted 7 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
2107 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

Great idea!  At the beginning of 2011, I started a challenge where I had to do 100 days of a minimum of 30 minutes a day of physical activity.  Needless to say, it’s close to the end of the year, and I haven’t missed a day.  During the spring/summer/fall, I walked pretty much everywhere.  It does take longer to see results with just walking, but any little bit helps.  I’m down 75 lbs!

Post # 4
1844 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I like this! I’m in :-). As soon as this TV show ends, I’m hitting the treadmill.

Post # 5
238 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I like this idea too!!! I’m in – in the new year!! Christmas and turkey make walking less fun!

Post # 6
620 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

I want to join!

Five years ago, I lost about 60 pounds. I maintained that weight loss for nearly 4 years, just by walking 30-45 minutes a day and watching my portion sizes (not really dieting). No aerobics, no running, no gym, no other exercise program. Just walking! In the past year I stopped walking regularly and gained some of the weight back. So I want to get back on track, specially because it’s an exercise I actually enjoy. I will start today!

Post # 7
1418 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I lost 30 lbs and have kept it off for about a year or so. I am 145 now, I would REALLY like to be 130-135. I have been SO busy at work that I haven’t been to the gym!! I do, however walk to and from work every day. Well, almost every day… I drive when it’s raining. It’s about 18 minutes each way, so just over 30 minutes a day. So I will do that and hopefully hit the gym a little too when things calm down! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Good luck ladies!

Post # 9
331 posts
Helper bee

This is a great idea! I used to run 3-5 miles every day when I was younger but started freaking out about my knees and joints. My chest has always been larger and it’s NEVER been comfortable to run (I had to wear 2 sports bras) so walking has always been a great alternative.

I recently started doing a program by Leslie Sansone. I’ve only had it a little over a week and I can definitely feel it. I initially got it because I didn’t want to walk in the snow and risk slipping on ice (I did this last year and it was pretty bad). Anyway, I thought the walking at home bit was overhyped and what could it really do for me… well, she kicks your butt!

Most of it’s cardio so it doesn’t require much other than tennis shoes and moving your body. I’ve been very surprised at how effective it’s been in such a short amount of time. She’s got a cute personality and the time really does fly by… I did/do 32 minutes without realizing it.

It’s not just walking in place so it doesn’t get boring and the DVD I bought comes with a strength/firm band and I know other resistance bands are helpful. It was less than $11 at Walmart and I don’t have to feel like a doofus in a gym.

I searched YouTube so it gives you a sampling of what it’s like. I got the “Walk it Off & Tone it Up” DVD that has a 5 mile calorie burning walk w/ the total body slim down. It breaks it up so you can choose 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 mile increments. So far, I’ve been doing miles 1 and 2 once a day for the last 8 or 9 days. The music is timed so you’re averaging 15 minute miles and they give you little notices/distance marks.

Here’s an idea of the “not just walking” bit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-u8kM50NbQ&feature=related

Post # 13
631 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I think this sounds like something I really should do! If I can get myself to at least walk every day for 30 days, that should give me the motivation to do more! ๐Ÿ™‚ Before I saw this thread, this afternoon I went to a local school track and did a walk a lap/jog a lap thing until I hit one mile. So, can I count that as Day #1? lol

The topic ‘30 Day Walking Challenge’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors