Heck yes it is! : (23 votes)
    82 %
    Not really : (5 votes)
    18 %
  • Post # 3
    4682 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: January 2014

If it’s your personal best, it’s a big deal.

Post # 4
    7291 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: October 2011

Your co-workers are jealous.

That is amazing!!!!

Post # 7
    389 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2010

I think people who don’t bike (like me) don’t really have a concept of what it takes to bike 30 miles. I don’t even know what a typical speed for a bike workout is.

Post # 10
    3942 posts
    Honey bee

Yes!! We did a 30 mile bike trail last fall, and we still talk about it! haha. We were SOO proud of ourselves. A couple people we told had the same reaction as your co-workers, but I don’t care. It was a challenege for us and we did great. We failed to mention that we went home and fell asleep by 8pm that night! hahah

Post # 12
    1944 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: June 2009

@bestbuddies:

I disagree with the comment your coworkers are jealous. It’s an annoying to me whenever someone throws that out bc someone doesn’t care about the same thing as others. Maybe they just don’t care? While I think it’s awesome you did that and it does take alot; in my area bikers have no respect for the road and have almost caused so many accidents; therefore they are not well liked. πŸ™ So yes if you asked around my area no one would probably make it a big deal.

Post # 13
    1526 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: March 2012

I think it is definitely a big deal πŸ™‚ I don’t think people realize how much work biking is… It is seriously one of the best workouts you can do! I was riding 20  miles 3x a week like 6 months ago but I fell out of habit and now I am dying at 10!!

Good Job!!

Post # 14
    3942 posts
    Honey bee

@bestbuddies: Ya, our legs were pretty sore. The most we had done before that was a few miles. Plus, it was VERY hilly which made it more difficult. A few weeks ago we did a 20 mile trail that was pretty flat and we didnt hurt at all πŸ™‚

Post # 15
    3620 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: September 2010

I think it depends on the terrain and the weather too – 30 miles of hills is a lot harder than 30 miles along the coast. My mom and I did a long ride along the coast on a cool breezy day, and still had enough energy to do a walking tour of the city we were in afterward, whereas my friends and I did 18 miles in the mountains in 80* weather and I thought I was going to die! Either way, it’s your personal best, and that’s great!

The topic ‘30 Miles’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors