30 Relationship Destroyers

posted 3 years ago in Relationships
Post # 2
4597 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2018

Definitely interesting and I agree. I don’t think any single one of those things can destroy a relationship but rathera complex combination. I also think most can be put under “narcissist”

Post # 3
971 posts
Busy bee

I think every marriage has a partner with at least one of those behaviors….and if you say mine doesn’t, just wait. 

Post # 4
379 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2018

View original reply
janedoe27 :  I agree, even if it’s not all the time, every now and then one of these will creep up. 

Post # 5
89 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2018

View original reply
janedoe27 :  
View original reply
tattooedbridetobe2 :  I also agree that these will creep up, but I think if one or both partners is consistently doing any one of them, it needs to be addressed. That’s why I like this line from the article:

“Succesful relationships identify these factors and eradicate them as soon as possible.”

A healthy relationship doesn’t mean you both behave perfectly all the time. I’ve been guilty of a lot of these things on some scale, as has Fiance, but we work it out and then both move on.

Post # 6
2106 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
sassy411 :  I agree with all but #15–money. I don’t think money is the leading cause of divorce simply because someone puts the importance of money over the priority of the relationship. Financial security is important in our society, and I don’t think a relationship can be successful without it, or at least working towards it. 

For instance, if one partner has the ability to work but refuses and opts to sit around playing video games all day, I don’t think the other partner is necessarily prioritizing money over the relationship if they decide to leave due to the lack of financial security, you know? Then again, maybe the inaction on the video game-playing partner’s behalf falls into the category of Rigidity or Inflexibility…

either way, this was a rather thought provoking article and I enjoyed reading through it!

Post # 7
1023 posts
Bumble bee

I think it’s a pretty solid list, and important to review from time to time and ask yourself, what behaviors do I exhibit from this list? Being really honest with yourself is hard. But crucial.

I know for myself I am a rigid thinker who often sees issue in black and white, and can refuse to bend. Not the best way to conduct personal relationships for sure.

Post # 9
379 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2018

View original reply
azf0019 :  I do think money is a big thing in a relationship, it’s the most common argument in average marriages. However priortizing money over the relationship is a “different” way of putting it in my eyes. I think maybe putting “different financial goals and disagreements in how to obtain those goals” would be a more accurate relationship killer,

What are your thoughts?

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors