(Closed) 30-something brides, what were you doing 10 years ago??

posted 11 years ago in 30 Something
Post # 92
72 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

10 years ago I was studying a different major… dating a loser… and traveling Europe.  I had to think about this one!  I barely remember where I was yesterday…

Post # 93
24 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2011

Ten years ago I was 24 and partying HARD.  Went out four nights a week with my loser cokehead boyfriend.  Yikes!!  Since then left the party scene, got my MA, started a career I love, met my Fiance, and bought a home.  Life is much better than it was 10 yrs ago…  The thirties are AWESOME! Smile

Post # 94
232 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Sounds like our 20s were for bad boyfriends and partying after the break up! Same story here.. Lol…

Post # 95
547 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

WOW, 10 years ago I was 24!  It seems so weird to say that!!  Man sometimes I miss those days life was a little less complicated, but not so much.  So let’s see, 10 years ago I was 24, and 9/11 had just happened…around the same time I meet up and hooked up with an old high school friend only to have him around Oct/Nov 2001 to break up with me, and cause me to go into a three day depression spell.  If it wasn’t for him breaking up with me so quickly I wouldn’t be where I am today! Because of that experience and 9/11 a few months later it caused me to go back to church, realign my life, and straighten up. 

I had recently graduated from Community college year before, was working at a Bank as a bank teller in a government location, going to school,  as well as many late night hang outs w/friends from church.  I don’t know how I used to do those late late nights and long 1 hr drives home at 4am. 

I wish I had a chance to say thank you to my friend but I haven’t found him anywhere.  Funny where life leads you!  Now, I’m working a great job as a contractor, have my bachelors degree in 2004, and am just recently a Creative Memories consultant and busy planning my wedding which is in 179 days!!

Post # 96
477 posts
Helper bee

just graduating college.

Post # 97
1033 posts
Bumble bee

I had just moved out of my parents’ house and into a big city. I was in the middle of college and didn’t have any direction as far as what I wanted to do career-wise. I had never had a bf, not even a kiss yet!

Post # 98
15 posts
Newbee

Ten years ago I was 23, I had just started a MA. I was still four years away from meeting the love of my live. I wasn’t in a serious relationship, I mostly studied hard and partied with my friends. Sometimes I remember things from that time and they seem like yesterday! Other times it seems like another life. Here’s to the next 10 years for all of us X

Post # 99
1540 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

Haha, wow. That was another lifetime.

I was 20, still living at home with my mom. I was dating my ex-FI behind her back because she didn’t approve of him. I was also working on my first major.

Post # 100
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: March 2012

10 years ago is no fun (college, studystudystudy), but eight years ago is when I met my Fiance. He was the friend and former college roommate of the guy I was dating at the time!

Post # 101
10 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Lets see— ten years ago I was 25, still married to my now ex first husband and I has just started my first semester of the Registered Nursing program at the local community college. My sweet daughter had just turned three and was the only thing keeping me going at the time because my marriage was HORRIBLE!!!

Fast foward ten years— In June I will marry the absolute love of my life and best friend. I have two semesters of graduate school left and I can then sit for state board certification for Adult/Geriatric Nurse Practitioner. My daughter is turning into a beautiful. mature, talented young woman. I have completed 7 full marathons, 2 ultrathons, and a slew of 1/2 marathons. AND done more then my ex husband ever believed I could. 🙂

WHEW—- we have come a LONG WAY BABY 😀

Post # 102
10 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2012

You ROCK!

Post # 103
57 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

I just wanted to get the hell out of college.

Post # 104
262 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

10 years ago I was 23 and didn’t have a clue what I was doing with my life!  🙂

Seriously though…I was hanging out with friends, trying to establish a career…but mostly didn’t know what I was doing.  I’m so glad I have much better perspective as a 33 year old.

Post # 105
979 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Umm…..getting married the first time. Oops.

Post # 106
1438 posts
Bumble bee

10 years ago i was 23, I was living with friends, working my butt off just to pay rent/bills etc…. it was pretty much my first time living away from home(different city)

The topic ‘30-something brides, what were you doing 10 years ago??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors