(Closed) 30-something brides, what were you doing 10 years ago??

posted 11 years ago in 30 Something
Post # 108
87 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

10 years ago I was 20 around this time but would turn 21 by September.  I was having a great time not having a care in the world: started a relationship with someone I would date for three years and spent A LOT of time with him, before that guy I was spending a lot time with friends going out to clubs, drinking, not going to college classes and decided to “take a break” from school to do more clubbing and drinking.  Eventually I went back to school four years later, graduated with a BBA Finance.  Now I no longer drink unless it’s my birthday or NYE but I’m so glad I partied hard back in the day…wish I was half as fun now minus the drinking and clubbing (just the energy!!)

Post # 109
511 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I was at Uni studying my first degree, working at a hardware store and dating my fiance.

Post # 110
1617 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Wow, 10 years ago I was 21 (looking towards being 22).  I was a young mom with a toddler and in college.  living with my ffil’s and fi.  

Post # 111
1617 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Wow, 10 years ago I was 21 (looking towards being 22).  I was a young mom with a toddler and in college.  living with my ffil’s and fi.  

Post # 112
1294 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

23!  Drinking too much, dancing, and probably making out with some cute guys. 😉

Post # 113
529 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

Ten years ago today I had just received my first passport a few weeks before and had just got back from Nijmegen in Holland. I was probably on a break up with my boyfriend of the time who wouldn’t commit. I was 24, had my own house which was tiny! I thought I knew what I wanted but I obviously didn’t as fast forward ten years and I am living in a different country, have a lovely fiance and the tiny house was sold 7/8 years ago. I knew what I wanted my life to be like back then and how wrong I was!

Post # 114
2292 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

10 years ago I was 23 living in London working as a Make Up Artist, seeing the world and partying until I dropped!!

I was no where near ready to be married back then!!!

Post # 115
356 posts
Helper bee

Had just started graduate school.  I think I was actually studying Korean in Korea in summer ’02.  Not thinking AT ALL about marrying anybody.  Didn’t want kids (ever) and was not too sure about the husband bit.  How things have changed!

Post # 116
86 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

10 years ago today. . .I just turned 21 a month ago and probably still in the whole “Let me show you my ID” phase. Cool

Single, full time college student living/working in NOVA/DC, just got out of a 3 year relationship and enjoying my first summer as a single gal.

How things have changed. . .not where I thought I’d be 10 years later but I’m happy!

Post # 117
498 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Ten years ago I was 22, just moving back in with my parents to go back to college. I was working as a line cook at the time. I was at the tail end of a relationship with a guy that had a kid. That kid is a teenager now and I still don’t have any kids! LOL

Post # 118
109 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

10 years ago I was 26 years old, a mother of 3 wonderful little people, about six months free of an abusive relationship and a year living in TN.   I had been at my post BS degree job for almost a year and was having the time of my life living the single life.

Now, the mother of 3 teenagers (one recent graduate) and a soon-to-be stepmother to another teenager, and engaged to wonderful, wonderful man who I have know since college.

Post # 119
540 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

I was 25, going through Engineering school, desperately trying to hold on to my marriage of 7 years. How naïve I was then!

I wanted to have an education before I had kids and I am so glad I got the degree, it opened so many doors for me and slammed the door on the abusive ex.

There is no excuse for abuse. At 27 I got a divorce, at 28 I met a wonderful man. Now I am 35 and happily married. We also realized we are both childfree kind of people.

Post # 120
22 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2012

10 years ago I was a 21 year old college junior.  I was working, a full-time student, part time bar hopper.  I was not even dating my fiancé; we were friends who would talk about dating, and school.  Never did I image that I would be here ready to be married to him, and I love it!

Post # 121
98 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

It’s interesting that this is on both boards.  10 years ago I was finishing college and moving to LA. I flew home every other weekend that summer ( not exaggerating) to go to my friends’ weddings. In the meantime I was learning new things, getting promotions, meeting celebs, attending award shows, dating and traveling. Since then my friends have bought homes and have had kids. Some have gone through divorce. I climbed the highest peaks in the US, learned to surf, started a company, moved to NYC and back. One time a friend told me she wished she had “done NY” before kids. Yes there were lessons to learn- i even had what i refer to as my “unofficial divorce” w a man i almost married, but in the end im happy it took this long. Remember we 30-something’s have done many things our friends have not/won’t bc of the path they chose but luckily (hopefully) we can do the things they have done. Best of both worlds. 

Post # 122
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: July 2013

10 years ago I was 24. My ex husband and I just had celebrated our 5th anniversary. I had 2 month old son and 4 yr old daughter. I was a stay at home mom living in Minnesota with the ex and his parents. Wow time flies! Now I have been divorced for 3.5 yrs and have a 10 yr old and 14 yrold. I’m in engaged to a wonderful man and we are getting married next July. Also, I now live in Oklahoma and am a daycare teacher.

The topic ‘30-something brides, what were you doing 10 years ago??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors