(Closed) 30-something brides, what were you doing 10 years ago??

posted 9 years ago in 30 Something
Post # 123
3140 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Ten years ago I was 27 and coming out to my family, finally embracing the real me. I was raising my 7 year old son on my own at the time, single mom since before he turned one. I had completed my college program in 2000 and was beginning my career in Social Services working with women who had experienced violence / abuse and struggled with addiction issues. I was in taking charge of my life and becoming a successful career woman and mother. 

Post # 124
499 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I was 24 working in PR (still do) and REALLY into its party scene and the NYC party scene in general. Going out Wednesday through Sunday and dragging our asses to work in-between. It was all actually a good time and I’m glad I got it out of my system. When you are 24 and hanging out at a party with like Puffy or Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey (HAHAHAH), throwing back free liquor, it most definitely IS fun.

Post # 125
835 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

10 years ago I was 23…I was laid off on November 12. December 1, I found out I was pregnant with my daughter. I decided to be a stay-at-home mom.

Post # 126
2350 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

10 years ago i was 23, hadnt started college yet, moved away to live in sunny socal, i worked, had a cute boyfriend, went to the beach every weekend, pranced around in my bikini. i was old enough to make smart decisions and really enjoy independence, yet young enough to know i would have plenty to time to have enough fun that id look back and be jealous of myself after a decade. i drank alot, laughed alot, had a ton of friends, and was happy to be living the life id always dreamed i could.

Post # 127
33 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2014

hmm, 10 years ago I was 23, I was in my 3rd year of college.  I had recently completely quit being Mormon, resigned from the membership, I was just about to get kicked out of the School of music killing my dream of becoming and elementary music teacher.

I was lonely cause I was 23 and hadn’t had a boyfriend.  I would meet my first Boyfriend or Best Friend in the next year.  

I’ve grown since then, thank goodness!

Post # 128
3823 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I was in my 3rd year of college and in a haze… nothing really stands out from 10 years ago. Probably just trying to keep my head above water in my engineering program.

Post # 129
14 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I was 20, in college, and about to start a semester abroad in Spain!!  It was the BEST time of my life and I had no idea how much fun I was heading towards… ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 130
14 posts
Newbee

Ten years ago, I was dating a man who I now realize will probably never grow up enough to be someone’s husband. I’m glad to have found a partner who is willing to work with me, not just for himself. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 131
692 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

I’m 25 and just wanted to let you guys know how inspiring and just awesome your responses are. I love learning about how people got where they are! Thanks for sharing.

Post # 132
8470 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2012

10 years ago I lost my dad, graduated with my bachelors degree, and started teaching. 

Post # 133
1649 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2000

10 years ago, I was 21 and working in NYC and going to all the hottest clubs, getting drunk every single weekend and sometimes going to work still drunk.  My 20s were a little hazy lol but I am glad I got it out of my system.  Now that I’m in my 30s, know who I am, have MONEY, planning my wedding, and looking forward to meeting my future children, I feel like life really begins at 30.  I plan on kicking back and enjoying the rest of my life ๐Ÿ˜€

Post # 134
546 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

10 years ago I was 22 almost 23. I was taking a year off after college to take my LSAT and apply to laws schools. I became friends with one of my bridesmaids that year. Made several trips to NC and spent a few weeks in Florida with family. It was a pretty awesome year.

Post # 135
164 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I was 21, a college senior in final semester, and had started working around classes at the job I assumed full-time upon graduation.  I thought I had the world pretty well figured out.  10 years later I’m amazed by how young I was then…and how exciting life is! ๐Ÿ™‚

The topic ‘30-something brides, what were you doing 10 years ago??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors